Chapter Two

Narrator

Miles' drove to his suburban home. He wasn't in the mood to eat dinner, so he climbed up the stairs and unlocked the mahogany door to his room. He stepped into his room and laid on his bed. He shut his eyes and contemplated.

Miles' POV

"You're never going to be good enough."

"No one loves you."

"Your mother died because of you."

All these thoughts flood my head. Am I really of worth to anyone? Does anyone even care if I leave?

"Luna only dates you because she pities you."

"You deserve nothing."

These thoughts felt like thousands of knives stabbing my heart. All the pain from these wounds were hidden from everyone. Nobody knows about this and nobody will.

All I want is to be with you mom. I miss you and I need you.

I open my eyes; I'm still the same old pathetic me. No matter how hard I try to forget about my past, to forget about my failures, I can't. They all come back to me.

One day mom, I will see you again. One day, I'm going to join you up there.

I snap out of my daze and look out the window. I see Luna waiting outside.

Crap I forgot. She's sleeping over tonight.

I ran down the stairs, to the point of almost falling on my face, to open the front door.

"Hey babe!"

"Sorry, I fell asleep," I lied. I really didn't want anyone to know about my situation right now.

I let her in and bring her stuff up to my room. She immediately hopped on the couch and started eating my Flamin' Hot Cheetos. I was planning to eat those later. Whatever.

Luna's POV

Miles didn't want to cook dinner tonight, so I volunteered. I wanted to make his favorite dish, a truffle mushroom risotto. He told me that his mother would cook the best risotto, and that he wanted to taste it again.

Of course, I couldn't compare to Mrs. Miller, but I did take cooking classes when I was young. Does that count?

As I was preparing the dish, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. It felt amazing. Miles always gives the best cuddles.

"Guess what I'm cooking!"

Excitedly, he replies, "My favorite?"

"You got that right."

He practically exploded with glee, and I loved it.

___________________________________
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Make sure to go check out Ethereal by xoFanaticxo .

Please comment if there are any typos or grammatical errors.

Love you guys!
________________________________