Chapter Five

Luna's POV

I ran as fast as I could. I saw something; something shining.

After what seemed like ages, I finally reached the light source. It was a doorway. I peaked inside and saw a monumental amount of people, all in black and white.

I walk inside, slowly. I didn't want anyone to see me. I didn't feel welcomed here. I didn't even know what this place is.

I then heard sobs. Sobs of pain and sobs of regret.

I turn towards a man at the back of the room. He seemed kind enough to help me.

"Um, excuse me kind sir, what is this place?"

"Dear, you're in a funeral." he replied.

"Whose funeral?"

"Miles Miller."

My jaw fell to the ground. I was in complete disbelief. Miles didn't die. He would never do this.

I run towards the casket, and see him in it. It is Miles.

I started sobbing uncontrollably. How did he die? How did he end up here?

I turn around and see my teacher, Mrs. Johnson. She was in a white blouse and a black pencil skirt.

"Mrs. Johnson? What happened here?" I asked.

"We better not speak about it. There are children here."

"Please. I need to know."

Narrator

Suddenly, the door burst open. Gallons of water instantly filled the room, leaving Luna underwater.

She struggled, because the waves were pushing her downward. She could only grasp for air.

This didn't stop her. She needed to know. She didn't understand anything. Her questions were left unanswered, and she couldn't handle that.

After what seemed like forever, she finally rose above the waves; out of breath. The room was still dark and desolate.

She looked up and saw herself; crying. Every teardrop produced a wave. One stronger than the other.

"Luna! Luna! It's me! I'm Luna too! Hello?" she yelled with all her might.

But the Luna up there couldn't hear her, so she continued weeping. And the waves became stronger.

Eventually, Luna could keep herself above the water, so she stopped trying.

She slowly sank to the bottom. Hopeless and confused.

___________________________________
This chapter was relatively short. Sorry!

Did you guys like it? If you did, please consider giving it a vote!

Thank you sam_T3 for supporting the book.

Please inform me if there are any typos or grammatical errors in this chapter.

Love you guys!
________________________________