Chapter 34 Final Countdown

It was 2:45 of the same day as we all gatherd in my room. How Evan managed to get them all awake and here , only he would know. But we were here .

I listend as Evan retold the story to everyone as I watched them all listen in anticipation as well.  He then continued to tell them the plan but kept it short since we all would need to be back in our own rooms for bed check at six.

Everyone seemed eager with the plan and ready to help us to which I was very grateful for.

"Everyone clear on their parts ?" Evan recaps again.

"Yup , Amanda and I start a fight that leads to her being fake injured  " Piper starts.

"To which I come in , break up the fight , see the fake injuries and rush her to an empty emergency room and call in all the doctor's and nurses. But leaving with her out the back door before they arrive and meeting Piper at the Jeep.  " Emma said.

"While I pull the fire alarm and unlock all the Breeder, Donor and Carrier doors to let them out - thus creating chaos and a distraction - taking Mackenzie from the Butterfly room and meeting you and Andy outside with another Jeep. " Liam clears. 

"Perfect. " Evan says proudly at our well thought out plan. "But remember Emma , that you , Piper and Amanda must wait up for Cody and Luke before you can go. They'll see you from their window and automatically jump in the car. Obviously. "

"Gotcha." Emma said.

"But what about Ben?  " Amanda said concerned.

"If he makes it he can come but other than that , he's not our problem. Too many people involved in this plan can lead to it failing. That's why we didn't get the guys involved in the first place. " Evan explained.

It was a well thought out plan. And the most trusted people we knew,  helped us execute it perfectly. We could escape this rat hole as well as those who were lucky enough to make it past security. 

****
It was 7am when my alarm went off again. I turned on my side and got up , getting dressed - in comfy clothes of course - as I headed to the Sun room - where it was all  going down- I smiled as I saw Amanda and Piper already there as well as Emma being the guard on duty , like we planned.

I gave them all a smile and a brief wave - not to cause any suspicion among the other girls - and made my way to my usual spot at the window with a book and a cup of tea , like always.

"You ready Andy ?" I heard Evan whisper as I noticed he took a seat next to me -believe it or not - hiding behind a large newspaper. He looked just like those spies in the movies doing a stake out. I had to contain my laughter at the sight of him.

"As ready as I'll ever be . You ready to turn on the people that trusted you the most ?"

I looked over to him , seeing him look conflicted by the decision he's about to make. It made me feel guilty to think that I was the cause of this decision but at the same time very grateful that he loved me enough to give all of this up.

I mean it might be bad for everyone else here , but if you're a soldier , despite having to witness all of this , it's not that bad here for them. They were like ... royalty.

I took his hand in mine and gave it a gentle squeeze as he looked over at me and smiled before saying;

"Let's blow this popsicle stand."

A/N: the video above makes me think of this . Liam, Evan , Piper and Andy  when this all goes down.

I smiled as he took my hand leading me out the room. I turned around and gave a smile to Piper to signal their part of the plan while we head towards my room to grab our bags.

He packed our bags when I left to go to the Sun room but I still had to grab some stuff for Kenzie , since he's not quite sure on what to bring .

I threw in some diapers , clothes,  wipes , basically anything I would need to take care or her until I could buy more. So it was a lot.
I handed the large duffel bag - with her stuff in - to Evan as he slinged it over his shoulder along with his backpack as I did the same with mine.

"This is it Andy, no turning back now. "

"Yup . No turning back. Thank you . You know , for doing this for me , for us. I love you so much. "

"I love you too . But don't go all sappy on me now , we still have to get out of here. " he said with a chuckle as the sweet sound of the fire alarm was heard blarring through the building.

"Ready or not . Here we come. " Evan said in a dramatic way as he opened up my door to a hallway filled with choas.

I knew that letting everyone go would create choas but I never imagined it to be such a mess of people shoving through the hall.

The next thing I knew Evan was dragging me behind him , shoving his way through a crowd of pregant ladies , trying to get to our exit , just as a gunshot was heard.

Great. Just what we needed.

"Get back in your rooms . Now !" We heard Evan's General yell as no one payed any notice to him but instead kept shoving through the crowd.

*Bang*

The sound of another gunshot and a falling pregnant lady was what followed next. Everyone yelled and screamed,  asking why he would shoot at a pregant woman to which he just dryly replied;

"It's just a tranquilser , calm down. She'll be awake and fine in an hour. "

Upon hearing those relieving words the shoving and running started again. What seemed to have been the best opportunity and distraction for us to make a run for it , slowed us down and kept us at a slow pace.

"We have to pick up the pace Andy,can you keep up ?"

"You know the last time I was asked that question we were caught and brought here. " I replied as he just looked back at me with a ' really ? Now ?' Kind of look. "Yeah , sure . Whatever.  I'll keep up. Let's just get out of here. "

The sound of woman falling limply to the ground , one by one was all that I was seemed to hear . That and the beating of my fast heartrate.

Seeing the door finally in sight made me gain my second breath and run faster to the exit as if there were no tommorow. 
I glanced back one last time while Evan unlocked the door , as I saw Julia fall to the ground with a thump.

I swear my heart stopped when I saw her fall. My first reaction was to run to her but Evan pulled me out of the room before I could make another move.

I can't believe I just left her there.

I
Left

I was such a bad friend...

I then saw Liam waving at us from a blue '97 TJ Wrangler Jeep with Mackenzie in her carrier in his left hand  as I found all the more reason to stop looking back and run forward.

This was why I did it.

This was the reason we managed to pull this off.

For her.

All for her.

I'm gonna stop this right here for now because I'm getting too sad that I'm nearing the end of the book !!!!! Why !?!?!? But they say that all good things must come to an end so . What did you think of their escape plan/ story. I know it could've been a better plan but I'm not very good at making up plans so this is as good as it's going to get 😂.  Oh ! And what did you think of all the little Disney references I popped in here , did you catch them ? Let me know if you caught on 👌Until next time my Lovelies thanks for reading ❤❤❤