thirty-five

It had been two weeks since Bradley left Sady to go on tour. Currently they were in McAllen, Texas. The other boys had already walked onto stage and taken their positions by their instruments, but he just stood there daydreaming, as he always did. Since the moment that Sady practically walked out of his life, he found himself wondering what would have happened if.

What would have happened if he hadn't done all of that shit to her?

What would have happened if he had been able to tell her that he loved her personally?

What would have happened if he had told her the truth from the start?

What would have happened if she had stayed and listened to his sad excuse of an explanation instead of running away?

What would have happened if they had never crossed paths?

He sighed, as his tour manager came barreling towards him.

"Simpson!" The tubby man yelled at him. He really wasn't in the mood for anybody's shit at the moment.

"Yes?" He snapped viciously.

"Show time." The man said with a smirk and pushed him out onto the stage.

The roar of the crowd was immediate and he couldn't help the small smile that came onto his face.

Once again he was with his fans, the people that loved him and cared for him no matter what he did. Of course they didn't know the real him, but he figured that it didn't matter.

He got to his microphone stand quickly.

"Hey there McAllen," He said, trying his hardest to hide his pain. "Thanks for being here tonight."

The crowd roared with you're welcome's and I love you's. As the roar of I love you's came in, Bradley felt slightly guilty because honestly, it was only Sady's I love you that he really wanted to hear.

With a nod of his head to each of his bandmates, the music started and crowd became impossibly louder.

They played all of their songs with passion, and two hours later, a panting Bradley talked softly into the microphone: "Thanks for being such a great audience McAllen. We love you, and we have a special surprise for you now."

A member of the stage crew rushed out and handed Bradley his favorite acoustic guitar. It was his newest one. He got it about a week ago in Florida and he couldn't resist the urge; he named it Sadizabeth.

Connor and James brought out their acoustic guitars, while Tristan prepared his drum set.

"We're going to do a little cover for you guys to end this concert. This song is very important to me because it reminds me of someone very special. We hope you enjoy it."

"For you Sady," Bradley whispers as Connor, James, and himself start playing the opening chords of Little Bird by Ed Sheeran.

"If we take this bird in,

With its broken leg,

We could nurse it,

She said," Bradley sings the first verse with passion, as if he is, indeed singing it to Sady.

The crowd is in awe as his angelic voice runs through the verses like nobody's business.

"But if I kissed you,

Will your mouth read this true,

Darlin' how I've missed you,

Strawberries taste how lips do," He closes his eyes as the lyrics tumble from his lips, remembering the time that Sady and him sang together.

"And of all these things I'm sure of,

I'm not quite certain of your love,

But then you made me scream,

And then I made you cry,

When I left that little bird with its broken leg to die," Bradley sings in a whisper, as he sings the last few verses and finishes up the song.

"Thank you McAllen." He says once again into the mic before almost running off of the stage.

He pushes past people and members of the stage crew in a rush. With his guitar, Sadizabeth, still in his hand, he opens up a small storage closet and goes to sit there.

He's not sure when the tears come but they do eventually. Initially he's confused, but he just lets it be and accepts that he is crying in a supply closet with a guitar pressed to his chest.

And half a hemisphere away, in London, England, Sady is sitting by the door of her room crying as well.

────────

A/N: The feels are real okay. And idk why this is written in third person tbh, i just thought it would be more emotional that way lol

ANOTHER REMINDER THAT THIS BOOK ISN'T OVER YET so don't be wanting to kill me just yet.. ily guys btw