twenty-seven

{ A/N: this is probably the longest chapter I've ever written so please tap that star thingy. }

twenty-seven

A faintly chilling breeze blows through my hair, tangling it as well as creating knots. I run my hands through it, subtly trying to tame it. The gravelly ground of the hospital parking lot feels foreign to me because it has been weeks since I've been outside.

The sun is shining, not that brightly, down on me. It's annoying really, but I won't complain because seeing the sun in the sky is better than seeing it through a hospital window. I look over to my left side and see Bradley gazing at me, though he quickly turns his head when I catch him.

I smile to myself, repeating his name to myself. Bradley. He looks like a Bradley.

The past week was spent with nothing but him and I getting to know each other. After the kiss, he kept coming back. Not that I minded, because it was weird how the kiss stirred up butterflies deep inside of me. I'm guessing it was the feelings and reactions that my body once had towards him── feelings so strong that even memory loss couldn't take them away. At first, I thought it was nothing, I thought the shivers and goosebumps that his every touch gave me, were gusts or breezes, but no. It was him. It was how I felt about him.

I guess that after the kiss, I felt strangely about having all of these feelings for him, and not knowing his name. So I asked him.

"Brad," He chuckled to me, while his lips were still ghosting over mine. "I call myself Brad and so does everyone else around me, but you──you insist on calling me Bradley for some reason. And I let you."

Bradley, the name had made a broad grin form on my face. And it hit me that I knew why. Brad sounded older and more.. developed to me. But Bradley, Bradley sounded better to me, more innocent and good. And I guess I liked that.

After knowing his name, it made me curious── no, hungry── for information. It was crazy that I wanted to know everything. So he came back and came back, everyday until Dr Norris said that I could leave the hospital's guard and security. I learned that I have a brother named Benny, whom was the older boy that came that first day. I found it odd that my brother only came to visit once, and when he did, he didn't bother telling me that we were related. Bradley snickered to himself when he told me that I didn't exactly love my brother's girlfriend, Amy, I think he said her name was.

I learned that Connor, the blonde boy that gripped onto Daliah's hand for dear life, is a friend of mine. One that I confide everything in. Bradley seemed particularly upset when he told me this, though I can't imagine why. Then I learned that my parents were on a world business conferencing tour with a lot of other business mogules of the world. I made the inference that they weren't around very much, because if they never came to visit me in my condition, then that means that nobody thought calling them would help.

I was also told that Daliah and I had been best friends for a long time. This realization made me cry because it hurt that I didn't remember her. No wonder she was in such pain that day that she learned about my amnesia, the pain was almost unbearable. But Bradley was there to comfort me when I cried, telling me that it wasn't my fault and that I was okay.

The pain made me ask him who it was that did this to me, made me forget everything, I mean. A simple, quiet answer was all that I got from him. "I don't know Sady."

And as for Bradley's and my relationship... well, I really don't know. After he kissed me and confirmed that my dream of us kissing was in fact a memory, he failed to mention any details about our relationship. It was like he didn't even want to tell me about our relationship, he just wanted to tell me that we had one. He didn't even give me any details about the nature of our relationship, except for the fact that my memory of that kiss── that perfect kiss ──was the first kiss that we ever shared.