Best Friend

"Lauren? It's time for school. You don't want to be late, do you?" 

I jolted out of bed, startled. "U-Uh, yeah! I'll be right down, mom!" I yelled sleepily as I stumbled around my room, trying to find the clothes I had set out to wear today.

I found them laying on the chair next to my bedroom window, and I quickly got ready for the day. It only took me ten minutes, and then I was downstairs, ready to go to school.

"Hurry up, your father is waiting for you in the car," my mother said as I walked passed her, grabbing my backpack on the way to the door. 

"Okay. I'll see you later," I replied. I opened the door and saw my dad sitting in his car in the driveway. He noticed me, and yelled out the window he had rolled down.

"Hurry up! You'll be late!" I nearly ran to the passenger side of the car, throwing my bag into the backseat as soon as I got in. "You ready?"

"Yup," I said, and he started the car and backed out of the driveway. 

---

"Lauren, how nice of you to join us." 

I cleared my throat awkwardly, and looked from the teacher to the students in the room, all staring at me. "I'm sorry, sir... I got caught up in traffic this morning."

"You're lucky you're less than five minutes late, otherwise I would have sent you to the office and you'd be receiving a detention."

"I swear, it won't happen again," I assured him as I made my way toward my desk. The teacher crossed his arms, most likely not entirely believing it, since this was my fourth time being late this year. 

An almost inaudible giggle came from beside me as I sat down, and I felt my heart pound as I turned to look at the source of the giggle. Instantly, I was drawn in once more. I just looked at her, falling deeper in love with her, taking in the beautiful sight in front of me.

Her eyes. They were a deep, chocolate brown. Every time I looked into those eyes, I forgot about everything that was wrong. Her eyes were highly addicting to look into. I could stare into her eyes for hours and hours on end and never, ever get sick of them. I liked her smile. Her smile was amazing. I wanted to make her smile as much as I possibly could. She had a perfect smile. I didn't want a frown to ever replace that gorgeous smile of hers. Of course, she was gorgeous no matter what, smile or not. But I loved her smile. And then there was her voice... It was smooth and soft and sweet. The sound of her voice was without a doubt the most comforting sound I have ever heard. I honestly just wanted to lay there and listen to her speak, maybe even sing. I haven't heard her sing, but I am pretty sure she sounds amazing. And her laugh, oh my God, her laugh. Her laugh was music to my ears. Literally any and every chance I get to make her laugh, I'll take it. Her laugh is adorable. She's adorable. And her personality. I liked the way she cared. She was obviously troubled at times, yes, but she was still so full of life. She was so much like me, yet so incredibly different. She was undeniably one of the smartest people I have ever met. Her humor was great, too. She was hilarious. It was a weird and dark kind of humor, which I loved about her. Sure, she wasn't perfect. But I truly believed that she was the perfect one for me. I didn't just think that she was the one for me, I knew it.

"First you're late, now you don't pay attention in my class? That's strike two, Jauregui," the teacher said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"S-Sorry, sir." 

He rolled his eyes and continued teaching the lesson I wasn't paying attention to. Thirty minutes passed before the bell finally rang, signaling the end of the period. I let out a sigh of relief as I stood up and began packing my things up. 

"You really should be paying attention to his lessons instead of staring at me," the beautiful brunette commented, following me out of the room. 

"Staring at you? I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about," I lied, despite being caught by her at least a dozen times. 

"Bullshit!" She laughed. "If I had a dollar for every time I caught you looking at me, I would be a billionaire."

"Okay, I don't stare at you that much," I fired back, my face heating up. 

"Mmmmhm." She laughed, and I couldn't help but smile at the sweet sound. "You know, you're so cute, Lolo."

"What? Why?" I asked, startled by the sudden compliment. I was the farthest thing from cute. 

"You just are." 

"I mean... I guess..."

She raised an eyebrow. "You guess? Lauren Michelle Jauregui, you are absolutely fucking adorable."

"Mmmmm.... nope. That's all you, Camz," I said, winking.

"Fine, whatever you say, Lolo." 

I smiled warmly at the younger girl, running a hand through my hair. "Alright, well I have to get to class, Camz."

The shorter brunette nodded. "Yeah, me too. See you later?"

"See you later."

She gave me a hug before turning and walking off toward her next class. I watched her as she walked, and I sighed, slightly frustrated. 'Christ, I hate that I fell for my best friend,' I thought to myself as I turned and walked to my own class.

---

A/N- OOF ITS 2 AM AND I COULDN'T SLEEP lmao literally all of these are trash and I never know what to name them😅