Birthday Party

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!"

Lauren looked up from her phone as the little raven-haired boy ran up to her. She opened her arms wide and the child jumped into them. Lauren spun him around before setting him back down.

"Hey, Luke. How was your day today?" Lauren asked.

"It was good! Tori invited me to her birthday party! Can I go? Please?" He begged, waving a colorful piece of paper around.

Lauren raised an eyebrow. "Can I see the invitation?"

He gave the paper to Lauren and Lauren scanned through it.

Tori's 6th Birthday Party
-Where it's at- 4132 Harmony st. Miami, FL
-When- Saturday, Aug. 26th
-Starts at 4 p.m.- Ends at 8 p.m.
-If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me with the following phone number- 1236664132

"I think we can go. We should probably go get a gift for Tori, huh? Do you know what she likes?" Lauren asked, and Luke jumped up and down excitedly.

"She loves Gravity Falls!" He gasped loudly. "We should get her a pig named Waddles!!!"

Lauren laughed. "That sounds pretty expensive. Maybe we should get her something... more simple? Like a stuffed Waddles doll?"

"I guess. That won't be as cool though."

Lauren smiled and kissed the side of the 6 year old's head. "Come on, kiddo. Let's go home," she said and they walked to Lauren's car.
---
Luke knocked on the front door of the house. The door opened to reveal Dinah.

"Hi, Dinah!" Luke said, and she smiled. "Is Dean here?"

"Hey, dude. Yeah he is. He's out back with the other kids." Dinah turned to Lauren. "Hi, Laur," she said, and they walked in.

"Hey, DJ."

A little girl ran up all of a sudden. "Hi, Luke!" She greeted excitedly.

"Tori! Happy birthday! I got you a present!" He said, showing off the box Lauren was carrying.

A brunette woman suddenly appeared beside Dinah. She looked at Lauren and smiled. "Hi, I'm Camila, Tori's mom."

"I'm Lauren and this is Luke," Lauren said, smiling down proudly at her son.

Luke looked up at Lauren, asking for permission to go to the other kids and she nodded. The boy ran off with Tori to the other children.

"Where should I set this down?" Lauren asked, and Camila smiled.

"Follow me, there's a table outside where we have all the gifts," she said, leading Lauren through the house to the back door.

"You can set it down here," Camila said, pointing at the table.

Lauren sighed in relief once she set it down. "Thank god, that was starting to hurt my arms," she said as she stretched.

Camila laughed. "So, Lauren. Tori really seems to like Luke. He's all she talks about."

Lauren nodded. "From the way Luke talks about her, they seem to be best friends."

Camila nodded. "Yeah."

"We should set up a play date for them soon," Lauren suggested as the two watched their kids running around and laughing.

"We should. I'm assuming you already have my phone number because it was on the invitation?" Camila said, and Lauren nodded.