You Deserve Better

Camila was plowing through her history homework when her door flew open.

She was about to yell at whoever it was to go away, but when she looked up, she saw Lauren crying.

"Lauren? What happened?" Camila asked, putting her homework down and standing up.

Lauren shook her head and wrapped her arms around Camila, sobbing into her shoulder.

"Who hurt you? I'll kill them," Camila said.

Lauren looked up. "It... it was Brad. I caught him...."

"You caught him....?"

"I walked into my room. And there he was, fucking another girl. He saw me... and he fucking smirked. He smirked."

"That bastard. I'm gonna end him," Camila growled.

"No, please," Lauren said.

"Why the fuck not? That good-for-nothing asshole cheated on you and he wasn't even fucking sorry. He deserves a beating."

"Yeah, but-"

Camila cut her off. "No buts, Laur. I'm gonna kick his ass."

Lauren sighed and nodded. "You were right, Camz."

"Huh?"

"You were right. He really was no good for me. I should've seen it coming. I'm such a fucking idiot."

Camila shook her head. "No, Lauren. You're not the idiot. He is for ever hurting you. You deserve the best."

'If only it could be me,' she thought.

Lauren looked down and snuggled into Camila's side. "I guess you're right."

"You guess?"

Lauren shrugged.

"Lauren, you are absolutely perfect, okay? You're intelligent. You're brave. You're honest. You're beautiful. You're artistic. You're talented. You're kind. You're the literal definition of perfection, okay?"

Lauren didn't respond, and Camila sighed.

"I mean it, Lauren. I love you, okay? You deserve the best," Camila said.

"Do I? I mean, for some reason, every guy I end up with seems to think otherwise."

"They're all assholes. You just happen to have a bad taste in men. You need someone who will be there for you always. Someone who will do everything in their power to keep you safe and happy. Someone you can go to for anything and not feel guilty at all. Someone who will not only love you for all of your great qualities, but also for your flaws as well. You need someone who will love you unconditionally."

Lauren stared into Camila's eyes, surprised by what the younger girl had said. Her heart beat sped up, and she had no idea what to say.

"Camz... I..."

Camila smiled. "It's true."

Lauren smiled and nodded. "Yeah... You're right." She wrapped her arms around Camila's waist. "Thanks, Camz."

"No problem, Lo. If you need anything, you can come to me."

Lauren nodded and stared into Camila's eyes.

'Fuck, what's happening,' Camila thought.

Lauren took a deep breath. "If I do something, do you promise not to get mad?" She whispered.

Camila nodded slowly, unsure of what was about to happen.

Lauren looked down at Camila's lips and subconsciously licked her own. She placed her right hand on Camila's cheek.

Camila took a deep breath, her heart pounding as she became aware of what Lauren wanted to do. She'd wanted this for so long, and she had no idea what to think at that moment. She never thought this would actually happen.

Lauren finally closed the gap between them.

'Oooohhhhh my GOD it's happening. It's happening. It's happening THIS IS NOT A DRILL OH MY GOD THIS IS NOT A DRILL LAIREN MICHELLE JAUREGUI MORGADO IS KISSING ME JESUS CHRIST I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS,' Camila thought to herself.

After about five minutes, Lauren slowly pulled away.

Camila opened her eyes and saw Lauren smiling. "Uh..."

"Sorry... I have wanted to do that for awhile now, to be honest," Lauren said, her face slightly red. Camila was speechless, and Lauren didn't know if that was good or bad.

After a minute or two, Camila finally figured out what to say.

"Me too."