|PART 5| Chapter 18: W A R

Paya: I'm worried

Paya: I'm worried...

(I looked over to Paya who had her eyes lowered and her hands crossed as she continued to speak)

Paya: About Mimi...and how she's handling all of this...A war that she probably believes will be her fault must be weighing heavy on her mind and heart...

(Paya was right to worry)

(Mimi had been a bit quiet since leaving Zora's Domain and even spoke with Sidon the previous night before we left)

(Yet, when I asked her was anything the matter, she simply shook her head)

(And no matter how many times I questioned her throughout our time of getting here, she simply kept saying that she was fine, but...it was clear something was weighing heavy on her mind)

(Something she wasn't telling me)

(And it also made me question what she told Sidon before we left the domain, for even he had a worried expression on his face)

(But, I didn't want to scare Paya or anything, so I simply reassured her)

Link: she's fine, Paya

Paya: Ho-How can you be so sure?

Link: she's been through way worse, and she also expresses if something is wrong with her, so if it was something truly the matter, she would have said so. Trust me

(I flashed a smile to her so her nerves would calm down, but, in doing so, this only made her face turn a brighter red than before as she nodded her head up and down)

(I was paying so much attention to Paya that I hadn't even noticed Mimi had stopped completely, causing me to bump into the back of her ponytail)

Paya: A-ah! Mimi! Are you okay?

(She glanced over her shoulder and smiled)

Mimi: Yeah. The heat is killing me a bit since its been awhile being here in the desert, but I was just going to say we should stop by to see my Vaba. There Link can change his gear without having to worry about being seen