Oh, Great Fairy

(Cover Photo by: Fur Inffity)

-Location: Kakariko Village-

(I leaned onto the wall of Impa's home, listening to the sounds of the rain pouring outside as I watched Paya mix around hylian herbs and oils in a small bowl. The small home was lit with a few candles, making the atmosphere calming)

(I looked as Mimi was sweating, breathing a bit heavy as well, as she laid on the mat near Impa)

Impa: Hmmm...this is the first I've ever heard of this. When did you say this power started, child?

Mimi:The first time...any of these powers started...was a few months ago

(Impa looked to me, trying to read my face, but I was just as lost as her with Mimi's ability)

Impa: Did you know of this, Link?

(I nodded)

Impa: And you didn't come to me for help?

Link: eh..I apologize, Impa, but considering everything that's happened in the last couple of months and with no clue about Mimi and her abilities, I wasn't sure if you knew anything or not...

(She looked back down to Mimi as Paya helped pull down her shirt, revealing the red and brown mark on her back. There were clear signs of it being bruised with the purple surrounding the circle mark. Now that I was able to get a clear view of it, it reminded me of a guardian's eye)

Impa: And you say this started from your mother's song?

(Mimi slowly nodded, clearly weak from the battle here. Now that she was able to protect herself even more with the shrine box, she did it more often, but it was clearly hurting her, which is why I brought her to Impa for help)

(in a way, she had her own Daruk's Protection)

(I made my way over, letting the clanking of my scabbard and shield hit my back as I sat in front of Mimi with one of the praying pillows below me)

(I watched as Paya carefully dipped the brush into the liquid medicine before placing it on Mimi's back causing her to wince out in pain)

Paya: Ah! I-I'm sorry. It might sting a bit, but it should numb the area

(Her eyes were still closed as Paya continued to spread the medicine on her back. Her hand gripped onto the bottom part of my pants as Paya continued the application)

Link: Impa. Throughout your life and your vast knowledge on Hyrule, is there nothing in the history about someone having this ability?

Impa: As much as I would like to say it, no. Not even the memories from my past life can recall anything like this happening

Paya: I-It makes se-sense, Ma-Master Link

(My eyes traveled over to Paya's brown ones before she became nervous and continued helping Mimi)