Twenty-Three.

-

-

Mariana was shaken awake by Roman early in the morning, a panicked look on his face that made her sit up. "What's wrong?" she asked when he ripped the covers from her nude body. 

"There was another murder last night, Peter needs us to talk to Destiny," he said and cupped her cheek in his hand. "I need you to get dressed, we have to hurry,"

Mariana got out of bed while Roman looked into his drawer for clothes. Mariana stood up and went to the bathroom for her clothes that were soaked from the night before. She sighed and called out, "My clothes are wet!"

"Here, I'll be downstairs when you're ready," Roman said before handing her one of his shirts and some jeans that she must have left from another day. He left and Mariana grumbled to herself and slipped on her clothes, sans a bra since wearing a damp one was out of the question. Mariana waved for her clothes to follow and they did, plopping into the hamper as she walked downstairs to find that Roman was already waiting by the door. 

As they drove to Destiny's Roman explained that Peter couldn't come out during the day and whatever they needed, Destiny could explain. Mariana briefly thought of the book she had hidden under the couch cushion and wondered if it were of any help to them if they really needed it. 

Destiny's apartment was absent of any visitors when they arrived and she didn't look particularly pleased to see Roman when she opened the door. Mariana didn't know if it were intentional but she didn't hide it well. "Come on in," she said and stepped to the side. Roman pulled Mariana along and they awkwardly stood while Destiny clasped her hands in front of her and said, "What can I help with now?"

"The vargulf is still out there and we need your help," Roman said, ignoring the displeased look on her face. "We need Peter and he said you could help us."

Destiny sighed and sat on her couch, her long legs crossing as they slowly followed her around the couch. "Look, I told Peter I'd help him, but whatever you two are trying to do is dangerous, this is up to Peter, not you two," she said. Mariana crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the older woman in front of her. "I'm just looking out for you, sweetie," she directed at Mariana whose expression softened a little bit. 

"I don't care, we're in this together," Roman said and headed into the other room, "What do we do?" he asked looking through her things. Destiny shot up from the couch and followed after him, cursing at him and forcing him to stop. 

"I already told you-" Destiny said as she grabbed a jar from Roman's hand. Mariana wasn't able to see what it was. "This is Peter's fight. If he wants to get the vargulf he needs to turn into a wolf," she said, glaring at the man who towered over her.