Twenty.

When she was awake, she sat up to see that Peter was laying on what was formerly Roman's bed when he was checked out. Her head was pounding, and she reached up to touch her forehead but a hand stopped her from doing so. 

"Hey, hey," Roman whispered, "Don't do that, you have a nasty bruise," he said before kneeling in front of her. "You hit your head pretty hard on my dash, I didn't think it could do that type of damage, do you remember what happened?"

Mariana leaned forward and grabbed his knee, "How in the fuck did you get Peter back?"

Roman looked rather concerned but when Peter suddenly awoke and tried getting out of bed, he had to rush over. "It's okay, you're okay, you're okay," he said. Peter wasn't that disoriented which made everything more confusing. Mariana pulled her knees to her chest and watched them from the couch. 

"I saw you," Roman said.

"What are you talking about?" Peter asked, 

"I saw you change back into yourself," Roman said, crossing his arms. "It was beautiful."

Mariana didn't know what it was but it made her snicker, and soon she went into a giggling fit. The boys looked over, watching her with amusement "I'm sorry, please ignore me," she giggled before taking a gasping breath. "God I wish I was dead."

"How am I not dead?" Peter asked Roman. "Did you drag me back here?"

Mariana checked out again, looking towards the hardwood floor and seeing there was a children's toy. She frowned, tilting her head towards it. She could faintly hear Roman in the back of her mind, his voice was soothing, despite talking about that fucking bitch named Chasseur. She found herself staring at the block.

"Alexa and Alyssa Sworn? The vargulf got the sheriff's daughters," Roman said. 

"Shit," Peter said, "Did my mom call?" he asked.

Roman frowned, "What are you talking about?-"

"Shit!" Peter said while attempting to get up. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, I need to check the trailer-"

"I'll go! You just sit here," Roman said, pushing him back onto the bed. "Stupid," he said. Peter laughed and called him a dick. Roman walked around the couch and kneeled in front of Mariana, pushing her hair away from her forehead. "You stay here, and try not to kill Peter," he said, partially joking but overall he wouldn't put it past her. "Can I trust you?"

Mariana met his eyes, breaking contact with the building block on the floor. "Yeah, I guess,"

"Don't guess, know," Roman said before leaning forward and kissing her lips. Mariana wanted to wrap her legs around him and prevent him from leaving but he pulled away before she could even process it. "I'll be back, don't piss her off," he directed towards Peter who was still sitting on the hospital bed. 

After he was gone Mariana had crossed her arms, looking all around the room except for where Peter was sitting. He shuffled anxiously, occasionally looking at her in hopes she would say something. 

She knew she technically had forgiven him earlier but he didn't need to know what. Mariana turned to sneak a peek but ended up being caught because he was already staring at her. Their lips twitched against their will and they laughed.