I smiled, thanking Taiya. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and started helping Aurora with the plates.

"You don't have to do that," Aurora says. "I got it."

"Nah, I wanna help. You go sit. You prolly been slavin over the stove all day."

Aurora smiles and sits down.

Taiya POV~

Mom comes and sits next to me with Carter and she looked back at Riley who was making plates.

"I really like him," She whispers to me. "I wouldn't mind you dating him."

"Well you'll really like this news, then," I think with a small smile. Riley brings my mom her plate first and then mine. He made a small plate for Carter and then came in with his plate last. His plate was piled with food and my mom smiled.

"You like to eat," She says. "I like a boy who can eat."

I giggled,

"Well you'll love Riley and Carter. They're both eaters."

"The baby likes to eat too? Well, I'll have to have you here more often."

"Mom loves eater," I tell Riley. "That's why she can't wait to be a grandma."

"Well," Riley says with a chuckle, "You technically a grandma now."

"How so?" My mother raises a brow. She quickly looks at me. "You aren't pregnant are you?"

My face heats up face and I quickly shake my head.

"No, no, no, no!" I tell her. "Riley was referring to Carter."

My mom looks at Carter and then Riley.

"Trust me, I would love to be this little baby's grandma," my mom says, "But how would that work?"

"Me and Taiya datin, Ms. Scorpio."

It was quiet for a second before my mom squealed.

"I knew you two would end up together soon! You finally left the ratchet white girl too! Ah, I'm so happy for you both."

Riley's smile had vanished and I could tell he wasn't really happy about mom bringing up Cindy.

"Mom," I whispered.

"Well, how long have you guys been dating?"

"Mom..."

"Is that why you've been over their house a lot?"

"Mom."

"Oh Taiya, why didn't you tell me?"

"Mom!"

My mother quickly stopped talking and looked at me.

"Can we talk outside, please?"

My mom looked from Riley to me and nodded slowly. When we got outside, she gave a concerned look.

"Is there something wrong?"

"Mom, why did you have to bring up Cindy?"

"Well I didn't mean to. I just happy to hear my baby was finally with a respectful young man like Riley."

I sighed, looking away.

"Riley's still really hurt about her. She really broke his heart."

"But you're with him, doll. Isn't he happy now?"

"I don't know, mom. I was just a rebound. I was the girl there when Riley was at his worst and I allowed myself to be the back up."

Riley POV~