Good Terms

It was as if time had stopped. I sat there, my arms still wrapped around him. I felt his arms tighten around me.
"I care about you, I hope you know that." I heard him say. I sighed. "I care about you too. Just please, please stop with all this."

He pulled back to look at me. I found myself rambling on, even though I was begging myself to stop talking inside. "I hate coming into school not knowing if you're going to be nice to me, or hateful. I'm afraid."

Fuck. I didn't mean for that last part to come out. He stiffened. "You're afraid of me?" I swallowed hard. "No. Well, yes. But not all the time!" I didn't look up at him. I was too afraid to.

He pulled me into another hug. "I'm sorry, _______________. That was never my intention." I hugged him back. Did I actually get through to him?

The bell rang, signifying the end of first period. I pulled back, looking up at him. "Did you still want me to go home?" Baldi shook his head. "No, but it's entirely up to you." I shook my head. "No, of course I don't want to leave." He smiled down at me.

I leaned over, resting on him. This has been a long month. I can't believe It's almost over.

I felt him shift. I looked up at him, and he smiled down at me. "So, ___________, what are your plans after summer school?" I thought for a moment. "I'm not sure, really."

His smile grew a bit. "Well, you're always welcome here." I smiled. "Thank you, Baldi."

We heard the cafeteria door open, and I sat up. We both turned to see the principal walking in.

He smiled at me, before focusing his attention on Baldi. "Baldi, I need to speak with you for a moment." Baldi nodded and stood up. He turned to me and smiled. "I'll be back shortly."

I nodded, and they left the room. I sat there for a moment in total silence, wondering what to do while Baldi was away. One thought began invading my mind. I couldn't think of anything else. Go see Filename2.

I slowly got up and made my way to the cafeteria door. I peeked outside, making sure no one was around. They weren't. Good.

I quickly dashed down the hall to fine Filename2's office. I need to be back before Baldi.

I rounded the corner and found myself in front of his office door. I sighed, knowing what was coming to me.

Why am I even here? I have no reason to be. All he does is repeat the same information over and over. I get it, Baldi is a murderer. So why did I get such a strong urge to come here?

I pushed the door open, seeing Filename2 at the desk. He looked up at me, making eye contact. I froze for a moment, but found the courage to step inside, closing the office door behind me. He looked at me, with what I could only assume was confusion on his face.

"______________? What are you doing here?" I sighed. Making my way over to the desk, sitting down in front of it. "In all honesty, I don't know. I just knew I had to come here." He closed his eyes for a moment before reopening them.

"Are you still with Baldi?" Here comes the lecture. I nodded. "Yes, I am. I'm fully aware of the crimes he's commited, but it doesn't make my feelings fade that quickly. Yes, he's a killer, but I've had feelings for the man before I knew any of this. So finding out shocked me, yes, but didn't remove any feelings."

Filename2 sighed. "I figured as much. Feelings are not something that can easily be discarded. However, you must understand that by next week, he will kill you." This took my back a bit. Baldi would never kill me. Why does he think he will.

I shook my head. "No, sir. You're wrong." He chuckled, almost darkly. "Am I now? How long have you known him? Less than a month? And you think you know everything there is to know about this monster? You have no idea. By months end, you'll be a permenant part of Here School."

I stood up and made my way to the door. Coming here was a mistake.  I opened the door and turned to him. I shot him a sympathetic look before closing the door. I suppose I feel bad for the man in a way. He's practically gone. I would only see the dark side of things too if most of my body was gone.

I made my way down the hall, heading back towards the cafeteria. I turned the corner, and bumped into someone. I looked up to see Bully. Fuck. He looked down at me, but said nothing. He then stepped to the side, allowing me to pass.

I began to walk past him, when I turned to face him. "You're not going to try to take my stuff?" He quickly shook his head. "I like items, but I like my life more." He turned and walked away.

He likes his life more? What is that supposed to mean? Is he afraid Baldi will threaten him again? It's just an empty threat.. I think.

I made more twists and turns until I found myself back at the cafeteria. I walked in and sat down, resting my head on the table. No more than a few seconds later, the door opened. I turned to see Baldi. He looked at me and smiled.

"Are you ready to go home?" The bell hasn't even gone off yet. I nodded. "Yeah, I suppose." I stood up and he led me out of the cafeteria.

We made our way to the front door. I turned to face him, and he smiled down at me. "I'll see you tomorrow, _____________." He kissed my forehead. I smiled and nodded. "See you tomorrow, Baldi." I turned and made my way out of the building.

I'm glad I got back to the cafeteria before he noticed. He doesn't suspect a thing.
______________________________________

Thank you guys for reading!
Be sure to check out my newer story, The Rainbow In My Life
A Rainbow Quartz 2 story!