He's A Sweetheart

My head shot up, making eye contact with Baldi. He was looking at our hands in shock and fear. He slowly looked up at me. "I..." He couldn't find the words to speak. Personally, I can't find them either. We both looked at each other in shock and confusion. Neither of us could find the words to say.

I felt his grip on my hand get a bit tighter. Is he.. Holding my hand? This is so wrong. I felt my face heat up. It was as if I was standing in front of an open flame. I held my eye contact with him. He looked as though he wanted to speak. Finally, I heard his voice. "Is this.. Okay?" Without thinking, I nodded my head. He smiled. "Okay." He said so in a quiet tone. He looked back ahead of him, as if nothing was happening. As if he wasn't holding his students hand. I looked ahead as well, not sure of what to make of this. Should I tell him I like him? I mean, he must have some feelings. He is holding my hand after all. Out of all the things that have happened, I have never heard of a teacher holding their students hand. If he really doesn't have feelings for me, I will be more shocked then I ever have been.

I opened my mouth to say something, but the bell rang. Shit. He let go of my hand and stood up. "Ready to head back to class?" He smiled. God dammit. I smiled back, screaming inside. "Yeah, I'm ready." I stood up and he placed his hand on my back as per usual. He led me out the door and down the hallway.

I looked up at him. He was beeming with happiness. He didn't notice me look at him, so of course I kept looking. He had a huge grin plastered to his face. It was rather cute how happy he was.

He looked down at me, and I quickly looked forward. "Something on your mind?" I heard him ask. I gulped, slowly looking back up at him. I put a smile on my face. "Not really, no." I looked forward again. Why did I lie? God dammit just tell him the damn truth. He spoke up. "Good to hear! Don't need anything clouding your mind!" Well now I can't just tell him I lied, can I. Shit.

We made it back to the classroom. He held the door open for me, me thanking him as I walked by. I made my way up to my desk, him walking up to his. He sat down and smiled at me. "If you'd like to go home early, you can." I thought about it, but shook my head. "Actually, I had something else in mind." He smiled and perked up. "Oh? What might that be?" I smiled back at him. "I never took you up on that offer to show me around the school." His smile softened. "I'd be more than happy to show you around, ____________." He stood up, walking over to me. I stood up from my desk. Maybe some alone time will help me figure out if he does have some weird student crush on me.

We made our way out of the classroom and down the hall, going through the two large yellow doors. We made our way through the turns of the halls, his hand on my back the whole time. We made it to a very long hallway. I looked down at the end and saw what appeared to be a giant sock puppet. What a cute little statue! We got closer to it, and it took off down the hallway. I froze, wondering what the hell I just saw. Baldi lightly chuckled. "That's Arts and Crafters. Very shy boy." I looked up at him, still very confused. "He's a sock puppet." I meant it as a question, but it came out as a statement. He looked back down the hall. "Yes, he is. Just like the janitor is a broom." This all seemed normal to Baldi. Why? Normal objects with sentience is not a normal thing. That's usually a warning sign that requires a priest and an exorcism.

We continued down the hallway. Baldi's hand came off my back and pointed down the hallway which lead to the cafeteria. "See that big phone?" Please tell me that's a statue. I can't imagine a phone that can walk around and talk. I nodded. He looked down at me and smiled, but his eyes held a serious emotion. "Please, never use that phone." Why? I just nodded. We cut through the cafeteria, and into the next hallway. Baldi's hand had fallen to his side, rather than back on my back. We continued down the hallway, until I heard that familiar voice, only it was a bit distant. "Gotta sweep sweep s w e e p!" I felt my heart race and my breathing became very rapid. I gripped Baldi's hand tightly. He looked down at me, a bit shocked, but that quickly changed to a warm smile. He held my hand tightly. "Don't be nervous, ______________, nothing will hurt you. I'm right here."

I felt my breathing and heart rate slow down. I looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you so much." We continued down the hallway. I looked down and noticed we were still hand in hand. I mentally screamed with joy. He has to like me. I feel like a little kid with their first crush again, but I don't care at this point. Baldi is a sweet, caring, and attractive man. Despite being my teacher, he's treated me as an equal. Well, for the most part at least.

We rounded our way back to the front doors. He looked down at me and smiled. "It seems our little adventure has come to an end. However, we can always walk and talk whenever you wish. As long as it's not during math or lunch." We both laughed a bit. I reached out and hugged him. "Thank you, Baldi. You really are an amazing teacher and friend." He hugged me back. "You're an amazing student and friend. I'll see you tomorrow, _______________." He kissed my forehead before pulling apart from the hug.

I waved goodbye as I exited the school. I have to ask him about his feelings towards me. I have to do it. Tomorrow is another day, I suppose.

______________________________________
I'm sorry for the slow update!! Things have been very hectic!

Aaaanyways, remember my character from the last chapter I talked about? The one I might *POSSIBLY* write a story on in the future? Well, this is him!
(Again, warning, he's a drug addict. I do not condone the use of illegal drugs, or even make light of the situation. Please remember he is just a character, and does not reflect how I feel on drug abuse)

 Please remember he is just a character, and does not reflect how I feel on drug abuse)

So what do you guys think? Story on him (in the distant future) or no?

Also let me know if you'd like to see more artwork of him or any other characters either I created or if you'd like me to draw others (requests MAY take a while due to other requests being backed up)

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! 💙💙💙