chapter six ▬▬▬ night

━━━━━ THE GROUP CONTINUED to move through the woods, Conrad looked forward as they came to a slow stop looking in front of them

"What the hell is this?" Slivko questioned, even though nobody really knew what they were walking into.

Conrad and Jo-Ann walked forward, tightening their grips on the guns. Everyone soon followed behind them as they walked past the trees. Coming to a stop they looked at the place where some kind of structure once stood. Moving forward, they headed inward looking around at the place.

Mason lifted her camera, seeing yellow paint on the wall. Seconds later a gasp escaped her lips as people started to appear around them.

"Oh! Behind you!" Slivko said, looking at the people.

Jo-Ann held her gun up as Conrad pulled her closer to him so she wasn't far from the group. "Stay calm. Nobody shoot." Conrad ordered as they all looked at the people that surrounded them. Brooks cocked his gun holding it upwards towards the people.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Someone called out from behind the mysterious people. "No, no, no. No need for that. Come on now!" The man moved around them making his appearance. The group looked at him as he came to a stop in front of Conrad and Jo-Ann. "Everybody, keep your wigs on now!"

"What?" Slivko questioned, with a confused tone coming from his voice.

"I didn't believe it when they said you were coming. I was up all night just thinking about how me and Gunpei dreamed of this moment. And now here it is. 28 years, 11 months and eight failed attempts to get back to the world and instead the world comes to me? Ain't that a crack?" He asked, looking at them. "They never smile."

"Did you crash here?" Mason asked the man.

"Oh. Sorry, miss." He said, holding his hand up to his forehead. "Lieutenant Hank Marlow of the 45th. Put the old flight suit on for you." Marlow added, looking at his suit. "You are more beautiful than a hot dog and a beer at Wrigley Field on opening day.

Marlow proceeded to look at his hands for a few seconds. Not long after that he looked back up at Mason.

"But you're real." He added. "I told you. Didn't I tell you?" Marlow proceeded to turn back towards the people. "I said, it's fine." Jo-Ann watched them move back from their attack position.

"There's something out there, man." Slivko said, looking at Marlow.

"Oh, there's a lot out there. Now, come on. We gotta get home. You don't wanna be out here at night."

Marlow turned away from them. Jo-Ann looked over at Conrad as he looked at her, soon after the two followed behind Marlow. The rest of the group did the same.