chapter one ▬▬▬ sincerely, jo-ann

━━━━━ JO-ANN LOOKED DOWN at the letter, after reading it over she placed it back in her pocket

━━━━━ JO-ANN LOOKED DOWN at the letter, after reading it over she placed it back in her pocket. The brown haired woman walked over to the table, sitting down as she grabbed paper and a pencil. Jo-Ann looked back at her sleeping boyfriend.

He held the pillow close to his face. A smile fell onto her lips. She turned back around and began to write on the paper. She knew that she would regret leaving him but she had too.

Dear James,

I'm sorry to tell you this over a piece of paper but I felt that it was the only way you wouldn't come after me. I can't tell you where I am going because of my mission. I promise I will be back before Christmas. However, should I not return please don't come searching for me. Continue your job, it's what you're good at. I want you to know I'm sorry for leaving like this. I love you more than words can describe.

Sincerely, Jo-Ann.

The brunette placed the pencil down next to the paper. She stood up and walked over to the door, whilst grabbing her bag. She looked back at James once last time, taking in his features. After that she walked out, closing the door behind her.

She soon exited out of the building, once she was out she raised her hand calling over a taxi. Climbing in, she told him to take her to the airport. When she made it to the airport, she would be heading back to America.

It was to make sure that her family was safe and that nothing had happened to them. That was her mission.

After a few hours on the plane she had finally arrived back in the states. Jo-Ann called upon another taxi driver and soon she was off to her parents house to check up on them. Another hour had passed and the driver was pulling up to the curb outside her parents house.

"Do you mind waiting, I just came to say hi. I'm not actually staying here." Jo-Ann explained, looking at the driver.

"I don't mind." He responded, sending her a smile.

"Thank you."

Jo-Ann exited out of the taxi heading down the sidewalk and towards the front door. The brunette walked up the steps of the house, until she came up to the front door. She went to place her hand on the door knob to see if it was locked.

Once she knew the door was locked she kneeled down grabbing the spare key form under the mat. The brown haired woman stood up once the key was in her possession. She placed the key in front of the door watching closely as she unlocked the door.

Jo-Ann wasn't sure what to expect, she hoped it would be something different. She pushed the door open, and when it hit the wall she saw that her parents weren't there. She only assumed that they were on some kind of vacation or small trip.

Jo-Ann proceeded to walk into the house, running towards the kitchen where she grabbed a knife. She held it out in front of her as she walked back out of the kitchen heading towards the stairs that led to the second floor of her parents house.

Before Jo-Ann even had a chance to fight for herself, someone came out of the shadows lifting their foot and kicking her down the steps. Jo-Ann groaned, pushing herself back up, she picked up the knife she had dropped and ran back up the steps.

After running back up she threw the knife to the steps, she then grabbed a hold of the figure's arm and spun him around kicking him down the steps like he had done to her. Jo-Ann picked the knife on her way down, following behind the man.

She was still unsure of why he had been in her parents house and why he had attacked her in the first place. But nonetheless she walked over to him and placed the knife next to his cheek. The man screamed out as she pulled the blade across his neck.

Blood gushed out falling down to his ear. She then pulled her hand back, closing it, bringing it down, and punching him straight in the nose. However, things took an unexpected turn when the taxi cab driver got out of his car and ran up the steps.

She lifted her head looking at him with a serious look as he pulled his gun out. The first shot could be heard, and the sound of Jo-Ann falling to the ground was heard as well. She turned to see a hole resting in her shoulder.

"Son of a bitch." She spoke softly to herself pushing through the pain.

She then picked herself up from the ground, and ran towards the taxi driver. Lifting her food up she kicked him in the face causing him to fall backwards slightly. The other man came up behind her grabbing a hold of her arms, not allowing her to escape.

The taxi driver got back up and walked over to her. He pulled his hand back in the air and brought it down on her face three different times. She felt the pain, he then lifted the gun aiming it at Jo-Ann.

The other guy moved out of the way. Soon after that the taxi released several bullets that flew towards Jo-Ann. The brunette fell to the ground, even more pain filling inside her body. She was left for dead. But her luck would turn around before she knew it, she just needed time.