chapter two ▬▬▬ recruitment

A FEW YEARS LATER (1973)

      ━━━━━ RANDA LOOKED AROUND for Jo-Ann wondering why she wasn't sitting at her desk. She had come looking for a job at Monarch after her incident. He gave her a chance, however it wasn't what she wanted.

It was a simple desk job and she hated it more than anything. Even though she still had difficulty with her legs she didn't like to sit in a chair all day looking over papers she didn't even want to look over in the first place.

Randa knew that she had been dying to get back into the field ever since her incident. Finally he found the brunette, he proceeded to walk towards her. Jo-Ann turned around watching as Randa came to a stop in front of her.

"Randa, what can I do for you?" Jo-Ann questioned, a smile resting on her face.

"We're going on an expedition. We've been approved for it." Randa informed her.

"I'm happy to help. But, why do you want me, Randa?"

"I want you to be a tracker on the ground with someone else, we haven't asked him yet but you are more than qualified just like he is."

"This place we're going to, is it what Monarch has been searching for?" Jo-Ann asked, wanting to know more about the expedition.

"I do, which is why we're going, why I need you to come with us. You have more experience than anyone I know. Please, just say yes." Randa said, convincing the brunette even more than before.

"Alright, I'm in. But, I have one condition." Jo-Ann said, hoping to turn the tables so she could get what she wanted.

"What is it?" Randa asked, tilting his head slightly.

The brunette sighed briefly looking at the desk she sat at pretty much every day since she had been hired. She wanted to do something more at Monarch, something that would push her to the extreme and being behind the desk would not do that.

"I don't want a desk job anymore, I want to be a part of whatever you and Brooks do, I mean I'm not just a tracker, I've worked with animals too. I just can't work behind the desk anymore." Jo-Ann said, crossing her arms against her chest.

Randa stared at her for a few seconds thinking of an answer. He couldn't say no to her because he knew she wanted to go out in the field and work with the research that they were working on.

"Done." Randa said, holding his hand out towards her. Jo-Ann accepted and shook his hand. Turning around she started to walk away from him. "One more thing, Jo-Ann." Randa called out.

The brunette stopped in her tracks turning back around to look back at Randa. "What is it, Randa?" She proceeded to ask him.

"The ship is docked in Bangkok, called the Athena, Pier 14. Be there at 6:00 tomorrow night."

Jo-Ann simply nodded her head in response. She grabbed a piece of paper and pen, writing it down so she would have it. She folded the paper and shoved it into her pocket. The brunette then turned around and proceeded to walk out of the building.

A bright smile rested on her face as she walked over to her car. Once she was inside she turned it on listening to the engine come to life. From there she pulled out of the parking lot heading back to her house to get ready for tomorrow.

──────────༺༻──────────

A/N: Hello and thank you to
those who have been reading
the story so far. I apologize
for the short chapter some of
them will be short and some
will be long. I want to keep
it the same amount of chapters
that it had before I took it down
to edit it.

 I want to keepit the same amount of chaptersthat it had before I took it downto edit it