Episode 5 - Finding the Lost Sword

"Starfire," A voice rang through the Tamranean's head as she slept. "Star, wake up," it repeated again. Starfire finally recognized it to be Robin's voice, a voice she was all too familiar with. She finally stirred.

"Robin?" She spoke still sleepy-eyed. Her vision re-adjusted as she could finally see the surroundings around her. She let out a yawn. "What... time is it...?"

"It's almost 6AM," he replied as he helped her up.

She felt something fall off of her, so she looked at what it was and saw it was a blanket. She picked it up and put it back around herself. "How did..."

"I uh... well, I woke up last night and couldn't fall back asleep right away, so I walked by your room and saw you'd fallen asleep here again, and I thought I'd just bring you that and let you sleep." He explained to her, smirking after he said this. "I mean, who else would it be?"

Starfire brought the soft fabric close to her nose and sniffed it. It was purely Robin, with the faint scent of his hair gel as well. It was pleasant, and had already marked a great start to her day. She exhaled and smiled. "Yes, I can tell that you were the one to do this."

"You're adorable," he remarked, grabbing hold of her hand. "Did I wake you?"

"You did, but it is quite alright. I am much more awake now, and I do not really see the point in going back to sleep," she told him.

"Yeah, I get that," he replied. "Would you... like to do something?"

"Of course, what do you have in mind?"

She soon found herself on the couch next to him, looking out the window as she saw the city slowly light up in the sky that started to become a lighter shade of blue. He finally sat down next to her when she turned to him. "A sunrise?" She almost smirked at him.

"Ah, sorry," Robin sheepishly smiled rubbed the back of his neck. He then sat down next to her and handed her a cup of tea. "but you should know how I am by now, I'm the cheesy type."

Starfire rolled her eyes adoringly at her boyfriend's attempt to impress her, even though she was always swayed by him. Just being in his presence made her feel happy. She held the bottom of her mug in her hands and stared out of the window at the still water, feeling how warm she felt in the blanket wrapped below her hips. Pleasant silence filled the room and it was nice for the moment. "How are you feeling, Robin?" she had finally asked, referring to the previous night.

"I...well, I've been doing better." He told her, almost speaking through his mug. He put it down on the table, leaning back and running a hand through his messy morning hair. "It's still kind of a lot to take in though."

"I understand," Starfire did the same and put her mug onto the table in front of them. "I'm sure none of us were expecting those events of last night to be of that...intensity."

"I...could ask the same about you too, Star." Robin leaned over just a little. "How're you feeling with your thing? With the invasion and all that?"

"A lot better, I suppose. Their homeworld is eons away from earth, so I assume it'll take a while for them to bring the whole army from their side of the galaxy to ours."

"You know you can come to me if you ever feel...upset by this, right?"

Starfire nodded. "I know I can. Thank you for that."

The two of them turned back forward to see the sun slowly rise over the ocean. The orange sun turned yellow as it came further and further away from the ocean. It slowly rose into the sky as it lit up the cityscape that could be seen from where the two teens were sitting. Light soon filled the room.