25

Something wet and slimy glides across my cheek, forcing me to be brought from the depths of my slumber

Something wet and slimy glides across my cheek, forcing me to be brought from the depths of my slumber. My eyes narrow, and I look to my right to see Zingo gnawing at one of my spaghetti straps. I can't help but smile, and give her a quick snuggle. My eyes scan the bed for John, but of course he's no longer in it. I roll over to see him looking at something on the laptop at the kitchen table. "You know the thing about bed rest is, you actually have to be in the bed for it to work."

"I'm fine. Strong as ever." He says, while still typing.

"Yeah, but strong people need sleep too. Even if they haven't been shot." I say to myself, before climbing out of the bed, and readjusting the strings on my pajama shorts.

"Well, Evangeline is coming tomorrow. There's a lot of work to do."

"I know, you're nervous." I shut the computer screen, before placing myself on his lap. "But you know what? Evangeline's the leader of the network, so I feel like, you know she's gonna have a pretty good idea..." I run my fingers over the bandages covering his bare chest.

John sighs, putting his hands around my waist. "I just think that if-" I cut him off by smashing my lips onto his.

He laughs slightly, as I pull away. "I think that we can hold off on saving the world. At least for a few hours." I grin, bringing my lips back to his.

"Just a few." He smirks, standing up and carrying me back to the room.

"Wait. Are you sure you're feeling better? I don't want to hurt you." I say genuinely concerned, as he sets me onto the bed.

John laughs at my question, before nodding. "I'm good." And all of a sudden he's on top of me, kissing me and feeling me up. I just lay there, gawking at his attractiveness, as he removes my tank. I sink into the grey sheets, and John kisses my neck, most likely leaving a mark. My phone rings, and I reach for it, glancing at the caller ID.

"It's Clarice." I throw my head back, as his lips continue to glide over my neck.

"Call her later."

"She might need someth-" I begin, but his  cold hands grazing my back causes me to gasp and drop my phone off the side of the bed, it's ringing becoming muffled. 

"If what you say is true, if Polaris really is on our side again, there may be some hope. She is all we have. We need to protect her." Evangeline says, as she and the seven of us gather in the apartment's living room. "No one can say or do anything that might expose her."

"What if we told Andy what she's doing?" Cait asks curiously.

"You'd put him in danger along with all of you." Evangeline places a hand on her hip. "The only reason you're still breathing is because Reeva thinks Andy and Polaris are loyal and wants to keep them that way."