02

"Is everyone all right?" These two kids along with their mother simultaneously call out for their dad, but he's been left back at the parking lot

"Is everyone all right?" These two kids along with their mother simultaneously call out for their dad, but he's been left back at the parking lot. Marcos tends to Clarice who is currently unconscious from over exerting her powers, and John and I are doing what we can to calm these panicking people.

"Wha- what was that? What just happened?" Andy asks.

"Andy calm down." Their mom: Caitlin says, her voice shaking.

"Where's my dad? Hey, Where's my dad?!" The blonde: Lauren continuously shouts to Marcos who is trying to focus on Clarice.

"We know as much as you do." Marcos answers.

"You have to explain this. What just happened? where are we?" Cait turns her attention to John and I.

"This is our headquarters-" John begins.

"Where is my dad?" Andy interrupts.

"We need to go back." Lauren states.

"No, you need to calm down." I say my voice slightly raising, from all the commotion.

"Calm down? My husband is in that warehouse. We can't just leave him there." Cait says.

"He was shot, we need to go back. Please?" Lauren continues.

"Listen, even if we could go back it is a very bad idea. I know you want to help your dad, but that is suicide. It's not gonna help him if we all get killed." John explains, probably much calmer than I could've.

"Right now we need to take care of Clarice." I say, before pulling John toward Marcos, who is carrying her out of the room.

"Where are you taking her?" Cait questions, as she and the kids follow after us.

"You've gotta help us. Can you get us back to my dad?" Andy asks.

I sigh. "Oh my god."

"It hurts. I've never gone that far before." Clarice mumbles, leaning most of her weight on Marcos.

"She's in no cond-" Marcos begins, only to have Clarice slip from his grasp and almost fall. He and John lay her on one of the benches in the hallway.

"Give her some space." I say, looking to the family surrounding John, Marcos, and I.

"You've gotta wake her up. Hey, Can you wake her up please?!" Andy yells, causing Marcos to snap.