10

"Okay, well, I say we go now, since everyone's still in holding

"Okay, well, I say we go now, since everyone's still in holding. I mean, Reed and I were locked up in there together. We know the whole layout." Lorna voices her opinion. Ever since Reed and Caitlin came back from Trask with the news of Andy, Lauren, Clarice, and Sonya being captured by sentinel services, we've all been trying to decide the best way to go about breaking them out.

"You want to hit sentinel services— are you crazy?" Reed asks, and I have a feeling this is going to send Lorna up a wall. Considering our background, I guess I'd get a little angry as well.

"Don't call me crazy." Her voice raises slightly, before going back down.

"Okay, everyone take it easy." Marcos says calmly, playing his usual role of the mediator.

"She wants to launch an attack on the heels of what we just went through, with no way in. Which part of that doesn't sound crazy to you?" Reed asks, his voice raising.

"Hey, can we stop with the 'crazy' word?" I roll my eyes.

"Okay, do I have to remind you that it's not just our people that are in there? They have your kids, too" Lorna says.

"We saw men with guns cart away our kids while they cried for our help, so, no, you sure as hell don't." Cait says from beside Reed.

"I'm not agreeing on a plan that puts them in more danger." Reed says, and they all begin shouting at once.

"That's enough!" John yells from over by the table, causing immediate silence. "There is no more 'yours' or 'ours'. Andy and Lauren...Sonya and Clarice. They're all our people now."

"Turning their jail cells into a shooting gallery hurts everyone." Reed says.

"Maybe. But it's just a matter of time before Campbell gets his hands on them and turns them into Hounds." I recall the events of just a few days ago. What sentinel services did to Chloe...that can't happen to our people. Especially not Andy and Lauren; they're too powerful together. "If that happens, this place is finished. It might already be finished."

"There are people we can talk to." Reed says, his tone much more calmer now.

"What, we write our congressman and hope for the best? If we have to shed blood sooner or later, I vote for sooner." Lorna steps closer to the man.

"That's our blood you're talking about. Some of us almost died the last time we tried something like this." Caitlin says, looking to Harry who is leaning on his walking stick. He's slowly but surely recovering from getting shot.

"I know people in the courts, the government, even sentinel services." Reed offers.

"Last time you tried that, we almost got killed." Lorna says.

"Okay, it was your 'low risk' assault that got us into this situation." Caitlin says, her voice raising as she takes a step closer to Lorna.