13

"Where are they?" Esme questions Impatiently as she, Lorna, and I wait outside of the summit for the others to return

"Where are they?" Esme questions Impatiently as she, Lorna, and I wait outside of the summit for the others to return. "There's security everywhere already. They're going to find us." Yet another security car pulls into the area.

"They'll be here." Lorna reassures, leaning against the SUV.

"If they failed, I-"

"There." I point to the portal opening mid air. "There they are." The three of them run over to the cars, trying not to cause too much attention.

"Wh-Where is he? Where the hell is Campbell?!" Esme yells.

"We couldn't get to him." John says.

"He shielded himself with a bunch of kids." Marcos adds.

"So what?"

"So, kids." Clarice looks to the blonde as if she's insane.

"Do you know how many people are gonna die if the hound program continues?" Esme questions, and a siren can be heard from one of the security cars. "We are not leaving here without him!"

"They're coming. We have to go." John says, lightly pushing Marcos and I towards the truck.

"No! We can't." Esme shouts, continuing to cause a scene like a toddler having a temper tantrum in the grocery store.

"They're coming! We have to go!" John reiterates, pushing her toward the truck.

"Damn it." She groans, jumping into the vehicle, with an attitude. The engine starts, and we haul away from the Summit. Sirens can be heard in the distance, and I turn around to see two cop cars tailing us.

"We've got company." I alert the others.

"I'll take care of it." Lorna says, standing up on the armrest console, putting half her body out of the sunroof. She raises her hands, using her powers to knock over a telephone pole and a fire hydrant. The pole falls onto the ground, and sparks fly out of the electrical box. The police cars come to a stop, seeing as if they were to advance they'd surely be electrocuted from the water and electricity colliding.

"How could you just let Campbell get away like that?" Esme continues to yell at Marcos and John as we pull into the driveway of the safe house.

"Uh, we didn't let him do anything. What the hell were we supposed to do, attack a bunch of little kids?" Marcos defends, jumping out of the truck.

"Oh? You're worries about their kids? Worry about your own!" She continues, and John goes to intervene but she just sticks her hand out silencing him. "No, he is on his way to D.C. with a Senator in his pocket right now. After today-"