23

3 years ago

3 years ago

"Four, corner pocket." John calls his shot, before lining up the pool stick with the cue ball, knocking the purple solid into the hole. I smile, putting the half empty bottle of bud light to my lips, nearly gagging at the taste. I'm more of a vodka kind of girl, if you ask me. "It's all over but the crying." He teases.

"Okay." Lorna scoffs, as Marcos and I stand off to the side watching as the game of eight ball is about to come to its end. John lines his pool stick up with the cue ball once again, before sending it rolling toward the black 8 ball. Lorna lifts her fingers slightly, causing the ball to stop centimeters before colliding with the 8 ball. John scoffs slightly in disbelief before looking up at Lorna. "Nice. Except, uh, it turns out that the cue ball in pay tables is magnetic. That's how the table knows to give it back to you when you scratch." She explains, and John can't help but laugh. "Magnetic ball..." she hits the orange striped ball into the corner pocket, before using her powers to get rid of the rest. "...means I always win."

"What did I tell you, man? Never ever play pool with Lorna...or this one." He nudges me. "She cheats too."

"It's pure skill, Marcos." I grin.

"You two been playing a lot?" John looks between Lorna and Marcos, with curiosity.

"Uh, I don't know." Marcos shrugs, taking a glance at the green haired girl. "Some."

"Yeah? Got anything you want to tell me?" He raises his eyebrows.

"About what?"

"What do you...what do you mean?" Lorna tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You know I can hear your heartbeats get faster when you're around each other, right?" John asks, completely embarrassing the two.

"Well, Maybe we find each other annoying." Lorna says, and Marcos chuckles.

"I also heard what you guys whispered to each other when I was at the bar buying beers." John grins.

"Oh, wow." Marcos looks down at his hands.

"Okay, that's enough." I laugh, tugging on John's arm. "Stop grilling them about their relationship."

"What? I just want to know." He looks down at me, before wrapping an arm around my waist.

"It's your fault, John. Okay?" Lorna laughs. "I was against recruiting him for the underground. You insisted. I felt sorry for him."