10. Complicated.

(*Mature Content Ahead.*)

Arnav

Arnav.

I look over at the passenger seat, Khushi is fast asleep, her head slanted in an uncomfortable position towards the window, the breeze blow her hair around. She looks angelic, and relaxed even in the posture she was in.

Her hand is secured protectively around her stomach, she seems quite fund of the child, a feeling of dread runs through my body like a current. I swallow.

A baby sounds like a lot, I am always careful. I did everything in my power to prevent such incidents with every woman I'd ever been with but her. I got carried away, wrapped up in how good and new the feeling was.

I knew she was new to all this so I don't really blame her. I blame myself for being so careless. She didn't deserve this, I am not someone that is capable of love, long term relationships is something I'm not really use to.

I made the mistake once years ago for even believing love existed. I was young and stupid, and I'm not willing to make the same mistakes I did twice.

I never thought of ever being serious with anyone, but I am ready to take full responsibility for my actions.

It was dark by the time I reach home, Lora wasn't there to greet me tonight. I let her take the holiday to spend with her family. The guards let me by as soon as I pull up to the gates, I park my car in the driveway, and dismiss them for the night.

Khushi wakes up the moment I open the car door, she rubs her eyes, and yearns. I take the time to admire her, wide sleepy eyes blink up at me as pure as the driven snow, pale face a light shade of pink, her full round lips looks more plumped, and more tempting then ever, strands of her dark hair dangles over her face my fingers itch to tuck them out the way.

She is a sight to behold, enchanting, and captivating like a splendid sunset on the horizon that paints the sky with it's vibrant appearance.

"Are we there?" She asks, her voice a bit raspy from sleep.

"Yes."

She sits up properly. "May I?" I hold a hand for her to take. She looks delightful surprised. I bite back a smile when she places her hand in mine.

I help her up, closing the door. I walk her inside, the house looked the same as when she left, but somehow she still seems fascinated. "Make yourself comfortable. I guess you have an idea where the guest room is. I'll just freshen up, and start dinner."

Khushi gazes at me stun. "You cook?"

I chuckle, many people find it hard to believe since I spend most of my time working, and barely home but I wasn't always rich I had to learn the basics to survive.

"I do. I'm usually alone on the holidays. If you'd like I think you should try to get some more sleep."

She shakes her head. "I'm fine. I just need to shower."