3. Proposal.

Abused.

He makes a phone call, moments later a shiny car shows up. I gaze at the black polish car in astonishment.

A chauffeur in a fancy black suit steps out of the driver's seat. He bows his head in respect, and opens the door to the backseat.

"After you." He ushers me inside.

I hesitate. "I don't-"

"Don't worry I won't kidnap you." He jokes, but his face is serious. I nod, trusting him. A stranger.

He places his hand on the small of my back. I sit inside, the car is luxurious. It smells like leather, and musky cologne.

I feel hot even with the cool air in the car. I cross my arms, feeling small in the big; spacious car.

"What's your name?" He asks instantaneously, I turn to look at him. Should I trust him enough to tell him my name?

"I don't think that's appropriate."

I sigh. Why do I feel like I should? The corner of his mouth lift in a provocative way-is that suppose to be a smile, he looks better this way, less intimidating.

I stare shamelessly. He have a face so perfect it is hard to look way; his chiseled jaw and curvaceous lips inviting. His dark hair is a pleasant mess on the top of his head, it looks like he ran his fingers through it one two many times.

"Your name." He repeats.

"Khushi." I whisper.

He stretches his hand out for a hand shake. "Arnav." I slip my hand in his.

I felt it again, the surge of current; the connection. I gasp and quickly pull my hand back.

He gives me a knowing look. I shiver, goosebumps rising on my arms. "Are you cold?"

"A bit." I mutter.

He pulls off his suit jacket and drape it over my shoulders. It smells like oak with an undertone of citrus, his cologne is exotic.

"Um, thank you."

He nods, the car went quiet after that. The driver break the silence to ask me the location of my house.

"We're here sir." The driver announces. I sit up, and aim to open the door. A warm hand covers mine. I flinch.

"I would like to meet you again." He whispers close behind me, his warm breath makes the hair on my nape stands. I tense.

"I really appreciate your help sir, but I don't think that's a good idea." I murmur, breathlessly.

"It's Arnav. Call me Arnav."

His lips grazes my ear. I jerk. "I should go." His hand left mine. I quickly unlock the door and slip outside.

I rush inside the house, glancing back at the still car, before closing the door. That was close. I hope no one saw me, especially Sheetal. She will be overbearing if she saw me coming out of a car that nice.

I definitely didn't want any other dirty comments from her or this so called family. I walk to the living room, peeking through the open window. The car is out of sight much to my relief.

"Where were you?" My aunt's voice booms behind me. I sigh, I can't go out for ten minutes without being taunt.

"Um, I- went to look for Priya." I lie, hoping she don't catch on. I force a smile.

I hurry to my room. I drop myself on the bed, staring at the ceiling somehow I couldn't stop thinking about that man. I push my hand underneath the pillow, pulling out the container of food I sneaked this morning.