14. Do you believe in me, in us?

"I have to go, babe. I promised Polly and Charles to be back for lunch." I chuckled as FP snaked his arm tighter around my waist. "Just text them, you won't be able to make it." He kissed me behind my ear and I giggled because it tickled a bit. "I have to, Jonesy. I promised." I turned my face towards him and smiled. "I love you, Al." He whispered and I kissed his lips softly. "I love you too, Jonesy." I kissed his lips again and felt his grip loosen. I smirked and quickly got out of his embrace. "Hey!" "Sorry, babe, but I really have to go." I picked up my clothes and put them back on. I looked into the mirror and put my messy hair in a loose bun. I saw FP looking at me in the mirror and I blew him a kiss in the mirror. He got out of bed and put on his boxer and a jeans before he walked up behind me and embraced me. I laid my head back in his neck and looked at us in the mirror. "You look even more handsome and sexier than when we were teenagers." I smiled honestly and he kissed my cheek. "You're still truly a vision, Alice. I guess some things will never change." I turned around and kissed him. In-between our kiss, I whispered. "Why don't you come with me for lunch? Charles will be happy to see you again and then we can maybe tell Polly about us too? I mean, it wouldn't be fair if all my kids knew except Polly." FP looked me in the eyes. "Are you really sure about this? I mean, I wouldn't want you to have both of your daughters to be angry at you." I smiled and shook my head. "I'm very sure. Everyone is allowed to know I love you and that I am not giving you up." He planted a deep kiss on my lips before agreeing on coming with me. He took out a clean shirt, put his shoes on and a jacket before locking the trailer and sitting down next ot me in my car. I started the car and before I drove off I kissed him again. 

"Just in time, mom. Charles is finishing up the lunch and...oh I didn't notice you had company." Polly stepped back so FP and I could come in. "Polly, this is FP. FP, this is Polly." "Nice to meet you, Polly." FP held out his hand and Polly reluctantly shook it. "Eh, nice to meet you too, I guess." Charles came out of the kitchen and smiled when he saw FP. "Are you joining us for lunch?" "He is. Is Betty back already?" "No, Jughead is with her at Pop's. He's trying to talk to her about it but so far it isn't really working out." Charles explained and I sighed. I felt FP giving my  hand a soft squeeze and I smiled sadly. "Talking about what actually? I didn't ask about it this morning because I didn't want to bombard you with questions but what happened mast night at the Homecoming? Suddenly Betty was screaming and ran off and then you were crying and I honestly have no idea why." Polly asked and I looked at Charles and FP before turning to Polly. "Let's sit down first and then I'll tell you." She nodded and we all sat down at the kitchentable. "FP here, is Jughead's dad and the reason Betty was so upset last night is...is because we're dating. For a while now." Polly's eyes widened but she didn't say anything. "FP and I dated back in high school already, before your father and I were together. We dated for about three years until we had a big fight, one we both regret very much, and split up. Which caused me getting together with your father." Polly slowly nodded and frowned. "What was the fight about?" She whispered and I looked at Charles. "About your brother. I was pregnant with FP's child at seventeen and at the moment we were both shocked and we both said and did things we would love to take back. FP didn't want the kid, I did, so I broke up with him and a couple weeks later I left town with your father." "So I have another brother then? What happened with him?" "He's sitting right next to you." Charles replied and Polly looked at him startled. "What do you mean?" "Charles isn't Hal's son. He is the baby I was pregnant with. I convinced Hal, Charles was his but I lied." "So if I understand all of this correctly...Charles is my half-brother, you two dated back in high school, broke up and are now back together and he's also Betty's boyfriend's dad?" "I guess that sums up most of it." FP said sheepishly. "Well now I understand why Betty is angry, I mean seriously? Her boyfriend's dad?" I sighed. "I know, Polly, this is not the ideal situation but FP and I never really stopped loving each other I guess. And I really don't want to give him up again." "It's true, Polly. Your mother is the most important thing in my life next to my three kids. I messed up with her once and I'm not ruining this second chance with her." Polly looked at Charles. "And you knew all of this?" "Not that long to be honest. I found them kissing at Pop's because mom was supposed to come and get me from the Sheriff's station  but was running late so I went to Pop's where I found them. They told the whole story and FP and I have been bonding some times. I mean, he is my real dad. I know it's a lot to take in but I've seen them together and it's true love, Polly. And after Hal's death, she deserves to be happy again." I grabbed Charles hand and squeezed it with a soft smile. "Did you ever really love dad?" Polly asked and I looked at her. "I did love your dad, Polly. But I would be lying if I said he was my true love. I loved him but not in the same way I love FP. But I truly did love him. I still do." She nodded and looked at FP. "You better not hurt my mom or you're dead meat." FP raised an eyebrow but smiled then. "I won't. I swear on the Southside Serpents I will never hurt your mother ever again." Polly nodded and smiled then. Charles stood up and walked over to us. "I fell like this calls for a groupshug." Laughing we stood up and hugged. I was glad Polly was taking this so well but I knew Betty and I knew she would still be a though nut to crack. And then we still had the Gladys-issue. I wondered if FP and I could ever just be happy without people hating on our relationship. It wasn't the case back when we were teenagers and I had the feeling it wouldn't be the case now either. FP looked at me as Polly and  Charles went to fetch the food from the kitchen. "Will we ever be happy, FP? Without people being negative about us?" He hugged me and held my face so I had to look in his eyes. "Betty will come around, Alice. And Gladys is an issue we'll deal with later but I promise you that we'll get through this. Because I love you and you love me and that's all I need. Do you believe in me, Al? In us?" I sighed and looked at him. "I do." And he kissed me passionately until Polly and Charles coughed, making us pull back laughing and we started eating our lunch.