12. I missed you too, Jones.

After the slow dance, Hermione and Fred walked up to us. "I just wanted to tell you I'm really glad we're all back together." Hermione smiled and Fred nodded. "Just as in the good old days." We laughed but got interrupted by Betty, Veronica, Cheryl, Archie and Jughead, who seemed a bit surprised. "Mom? I wanted to introduce you to my friends. You already know Archie and Jughead. And these are Veronica Lodge and Cheryl Blossom." I smiled at the group. "Hi, my name is Alice Smith, but you can call me Alice. And Betty, let me introduce you to my friends from high school. Fred, who you've already met, Hermione, Veronica's mom and FP, Jughead's dad." "I didn't know you all knew each other." Jughead said, clearly still surprised by seeing us four together. FP nodded. "Yeah, we were...very close back in high school but then we lost touch. I mean Fred and I started Andrew's construction together but then he had to kick me out, which I really don't blame him for, looking at it now, I really was a mess." He looked apologizing to Fred who pat his back. "You were but you were also my friend, I felt backhaving to fire you." FP smiled and then turned back to the kids. "And well, Hermione married Hiram and moved to New York and Alice...left with Hal." I could hear it still stung, it still stung with both of us but I couldn't pull him in a hug now. Luckily the kids didn't notice and just took in the information. "I suppose my mom wasn't a part of that friend group. Not that I blame you." Cheryl said as she swept her ponytail to the side. "Penelope used to be our friend during Freshman year but then she and Clifford got together and well...she changed." I answered diplomatically and I could see the others smirk. Cheryl shrugged and looked at the clock above the gym doors. "Guys, it's time to announce the Homecoming king and queen. Veronica, we need to get up on stage." Veronica and Cheryl walked to the front and Betty, Jughead and Archie stayed with us to watch the winners. "Goodevening everyone, I hope you all have an amazing homecoming. Now we're here on stage for, I promise, the last time, to announce your homecomming king and queen!" Cheryl said and the students cheered. Veronica handed an envelope to Cheryl and kept one herself. "Alright, your homecoming king is...Archie Andrews." She declared excitedly and Archie smiled sheepishly as he walked upstage. I smiled at FP and he smiled back. When we were in our Senior year, Hermione and Fred had signed us up for Homecoming King and Queen and we signed them up, we didn't know from each other we did that which we had laughed about later as we had to fill in our ballot. Yet FP and I were convinced Hermione and Fred would win. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, you're homecoming queen is...Betty Cooper!" I congratulated Betty by hugging her before she walked on to the stage. Archie and Betty both were crowned and a tear fell from my cheek. I was so proud. Suddenly I saw Cheryl open up her envelope and taking the microphone from Veronica. "But as you all know, Riverdale High is a school of traditions and tonight isn't any less. Principal Weatherbee told us that the king and queen from twenty-five years ago would be here, thanks to the help of Kevin Keller, so I would like to get them here on stage too. Those king and queen were... Forsythe Pendleton Jones the second and Alice Susanna Smith!" Surprised Fp and I looked at each other and Jughead looked at us. "Wait dad, YOU were homecoming king?" Fred laughed. "Yeah, Hermione and I signed them up." Hermione poked him as Jughead raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean...them?" I quickly rescued Fred by telling a white lie. "Well Fred signed up FP and Hermione signed up me, it was supposed to be a prank under friends but in the end we got crowned. Now excuse us but I think they're waiting on stage for us." I quickly pulled FP to the stage where Betty looked at me with a surprised smile.  Behind us a picture was shown of FP and I back then when we got crowned. I was dressed in a long strapless black dress with a split halfway my thigh and a choker (see picture at the top), FP in a black jeans and a dark shirt he borrowed from Fred. Cheryl placed a crown on my head as Veronica did the same with FP. Then we had to do a slow along with Betty and Archie. We walked on to the dance floor as everyone spread into a big circle around us. FP placed his hand just above my hip and took my free hand in his. I noticed I was holding my breath and as I left it out, I saw FP smirk. "Just like twenty-five years ago." He winked and I laughed after rolling my eyes. 

The music started playing and we started dancing, not knowing what would happen after the dance. Next to us Betty and Archie were slowing and Betty smiled at me. I mimed I love you at her and she mimed I love you too back. Smiling I looked up at FP who smirked as he looked into my eyes. "This is the same song we danced on when we got crowned." I nodded and whispered "En Vogue with Giving him something he can feel." His smirk grew wider and he whispered back in my ear "Well you definitely gave me something I could feel. You still do." "FP!" I whispered shocked. He chuckled and pulled me a bit closer. I hid my smile as I put my head one his shoulder. It felt as if the past twenty-five years nothing had changed. The song ended and a bit disappointed I pulled away from him. Betty walked up to me. "I can't believe you were homecoming queen, mom." She looked at me with proud and I blushed a bit. "She was also prom queen." FP added and I bit my lip. "Were you prom king too?" FP swallowed softly and shook his head. He faked a smile and said. "No, Hal, your father was prom king." Betty nodded and told me she and Archie would find Jughead. "He said there was someone he would like me to meet so, let's see who it is." She waved and she and Archie disappeared in the crowd. "Yet I never saw him as my prom king." I whispered to FP who smiled sadly. "I let him win back then. I resigned from the competition. Mary told me I was nuts because I was winning but after our...argument and then I saw Hal comforting you and I didn't want to fake it on stage so I pulled back from the competition." I raised and eyebrow. "I didn't know that. Even though I was so angry with you, I missed you as my king but I understand and I think it's actually a very mature thing to do." FP smiled and I took his hand as we walked back to Hermione and Fred who were looking as if they had seen a ghost. "Are you guys alright?" "Uh well we-" Suddenly I heard a voice behind me and a shiver went down my spine and I felt FP tense up. Slowly we turned around. "What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed. "Alice, I can't see I missed you." I rolled my eyes. "Likewise, believe me." "Gladys, why are you here?" FP grinned. "Oh I missed you too, Jones." Gladys walked up to FP and she hugged him. He quickly pushed her back. "Get off me, Gladys." Gladys rolled her eyes. "Why are you here, Gladys?" FP asked again. "Our son asked me to come so I could meet his girlfriend, Betty Cooper." Then she looked at me with a devilish smile. "Betty Cooper as in, I believe, yours and Hal Cooper's daughter. Well well....history surely has a way of repeating itself." Then she noticed FP's hand on my back and she laughed. "Oh this is just too good now. Our divorce isn't even final and you're already back together with your precious Alice. I mean I can't say I'm surprised but what will Jughead and Betty say when they find out their parents are fucking each other again?" "You two are WHAT?!" Suddenly we saw Betty, Jughead, Veronica and Archie standing behind Gladys who turned around and then threw me a devilish smile. I looked at FP who looked back at me and for once we really had no idea what to say.