10. Only one more thing

Our kiss grew more passionately and I went with my hands through his hair. Through his kiss, I could feel him smirk a little. I had missed this so much, the feeling off a billion butterflies ready to fly out every pore of my body. I loved this man so much and I planned on never giving him up again. I would fight for him, stand with him and never let him go again until my very last breath. We were so caught up in our kiss that we only realized someonhe had come inside until the person let out a yell. Shocked we both look up and a bit disorientated we looked around until our eyes fell on the young man standing in the middle of Pop's. "MOM? What the hell?" My eyes grew big and FP quickly stood up so I could pass. "Charles, wait let me explain." "EXPLAIN WHAT MOM? THAT ONLY AFTER THREE MONTHS THAT MY FATHER, YOUR  HUSBAND DIED, YOU'RE SUCKING ANOTHER RANDOM MAN'S FACE?" Charles was furious and I could only imagine how outragious he would be if he knew the truth. "Honey, he is not some random guy." Charles looked up and frowned. FP stood next to me and stared at Charles. Charles gave him a weird look and turned to me. "Well I am waiting for your explanation, mom. Who is this man and why are you sucking his face?" I rolled my eyes. "Stop saying that." Now it was Charles turn to roll his eyes. Suddenly I heard FP chuckle. "He definitely got that from you." I rolled my eyes but smiled slightly. "Could you to knock it off already? Mom, explain this or I'm out." FP shut his mouth and I sighed. "Charles, this is FP Jones. We know each other since High School, that I've told you." I looked at him and he nodded softly. "What I didn't tell you is that we were together for almost three years until things ended at the end of our senior year." Charles' eyes got big and his look was full of confusion. "But I thought you and dad started dating in senior year?" "We did say that but actually we started dating a couple weeks after graduation. But we were already friends since sophomore year and after FP and I...parted ways, Hal has been there for me the whole time. Yet the truth is that I loved Hal but never in a way I loved FP. Or in a way I still love FP with whole my heart." FP looked at me with a soft smile and took me hand. Charles looked at out hands and then back at us. "So you never truly loved my father? He was just some replacement?" I shook my head. "No, sweetheart, Hal wasn't just a replacement. Even though I have to admit he was in the beginning, I really did love him." Charles looked so angry and broken and I hadn't even told him the whole truth. I don't even think FP realized who was in front of us because he was way too calm. "Charles, there is another thing I have to tell you but I really need you to calm down first." "There is more?" Charles grinned as he sat down and looked at me with hurt and anger in his eyes, I had never seen before. I swallowed hard and FP wanted to give us some privacy, not knowing what else I would be saying but I called him over. "FP, could you stay here too for a moment." He looked up surprised but took a chair and walked over. There was a moment of silence before FP cleared his throat. "So, you're Charles? Well you really do have some of Alice's manners." FP smirked slightly. Charles looked at him with anger and for a second I thought he would lash out, he did have an anger issue, but he didn't and just shrugged. "I guess so." Charles was acting like a teenager boy but to be honest, I didn't blame him much at the moment. "So how old are you?" Charles clinched his fists and replied "What's this? An interrogation? I'm 25 now can you stop talking."  Charles was confused and angry ever since that night but I knew he would soon be even more confused and angry as I saw FP's braincells work and he suddenly looked at me with big eyes. "Alice...Is...?" He stuttered unable to complete a sentence. He switched looks between me and Charles and back. I sighed and as a single tear ran over my cheek I nodded. "It's him, FP." 

His eyes became watery and as he slowly looked back at Charles a tear fell down. Charles raised an eyebrow, probably wondering why his mother and the guy he caught her with, were crying and looking at him as if he had all the answers. "Who am I?" Charles asked confused and a bit worried. His anger had made place for worry and maybe even a bit sadness and fear. I took a deep breath and softly took Charles hand. "Charles, there's something else you need to know." Charles sighed and looked up. "Hal isn't my father, is he?" Surprised Fp and I looked at him. "How do you know?" How on earth did he figure that out? "To be honest, I had some suspicions. For one, I don't really look like him or my sisters. But I also noticed you always say that you have three kids and never 'Hal and I' have three kids. You mention Hal as 'your father' to Polly and Betty but just 'Hal' to me. I never really thought of it much until he passed away. At his funeral you literally said, 'I will look after my three kids, Hal. I promise.'. And after you told me the story of how your parents would be disappointed of the choice... I really thought you meant being pregnant but it wasn't about you being pregnant, was it mom?" Tears ran down my cheek and FP put his arm around me to comfort me. I shook my head and sighed. "Mom..." I looked up and wiped away some tears. Charles took a deep breath. "Is he my father?" Charles looked at FP and he nodded. "He is." I whispered. "Did you know?" Charles asked softly. Fp sighed and shook his head. "I knew she was pregnant with our child but I was dick to her so she broke up with me and a couple weeks later I heard she had ran off with Hal. I was extremely angry she chose him over me, not seeing that I was the one who drove her into his arms. When I finally understood that, I called her to talk it out but she said she had given you up for adoption. Those past twenty-five years, I thought I had lost you until your mother told me before you entered that she had kept you and told Hal you were his. I just didn't suspect you would be our son. I didn't know how many children she and Hal had but I don't care about that anymore. You're our son and you have no idea how long I've dreamt of this moment." I felt FP wanted to take Charles in his arms but he wasn't sure how Charles would react so he took my hand under the table and gave it a squeeze. I looked up at Charles and I saw his wet cheeks and I stood up and pulled him in a hug. "I am so sorry for lying to you, Charles, I just didn't want you to feel not fully part of our family." Charles hugged me back and nodded. "I understand, mom, I'm not mad." 

Surprised I looked at him. "You're not?" Charles shook his head. "I know I should be, you lied to all of us for the past twenty-five years, but I just don't feel angry. I feel like I found the last puzzle piece to complete me." I smiled through my tears and Charles smiled back. Then he looked at FP who smiled softly. "I hope you can understand I won't be calling you dad anytime soon." FP chuckled slighlty and nodded. "I don't expect you to." Charles laughed and it reminded me of FP's laugh. You could really see he looked so much like young FP, except for his curls, he got those from me. "But if you're up for it...I'd like to get to know you better." FP looked at Charles i surprise and then he looked at me. I smiled and nodded encouraging and FP smiled back at Charles. "I would love too." Charles stood up as FP did the same. They both looked at each other and then hugged each other. The sight made me tear up again but happy tears only.

"The is just only one more thing, mom." I raised my eyebrows and walked towards them. "What's that?" "How are you going to tell Betty, you're having a eh relationship with her boyfriend's father?"