26. Lost and found.

Bami...

What was I expecting  anyway? I wouldn't  listen to her too, since we are not on good terms. Uggh, but, she didn't need to go overboard anyway. So annoying. Who send me message sef.

I have to say though,  things have been a bit quiet since school resumed from the midterm break. Maybe everyone hasnt fully resumed. Me too, I wouldn't have resumed early, if not for my mother. It's like my own house has began to suffocate me. Maybe I should tell my parents  I want to become a boarder again. I miss the whole hostel vibe and since we are now in Ss2, I don't think the Ss3 girls will be so mean as the previous set. Oh well.

"Bam Bam!"

My attention is pulled to Michael jogging towards me.

"You're going home alone?" he says, after taking a deep breath from panting, as he stood by me now.

"Yeah, I didn't see you guys, and Bidemi isn't coming to pick me up." I say, letting him walk beside me. I notice that Segun and Bolu aren't with him.

"Where's Bolu and Segun?"

"They have stuff to do... I guess." He replies with a shrug.

"Oh.. "

Despite the school being oddly quiet, I haven't seen Miss Nualla yet, and Segun seems to be scarce as well. I mean,  I saw him some days ago and also during PE, but somehow he looked distant. Maybe I should talk to him later

"I'm almost at the Bus stop, won't you go back?" I ask him.

He pauses as we are near the busy express and looks at me for a second. I'm wondering why.

"Are you free this weekend?"

I noticed he took a deep breath before asking that. A brief smile grows on his face before slanting his head, waiting for my response.

"This weekend...What's  going on?" I'm already thinking of the likely house chore piled up during the weekend anyway.

"Oh.. Err. I just feel we haven't done our early morning endurance trek in a while now..." that nervous smile is still on his face.

".... Bolu also said the same thing. Sooo..., you know, like old times."

I definitely have forgotten about the endurance  trek we did when Bidemi was still a prefect two years ago and we were all in the hostel. And even during the holidays; Bolu, Michael and Ini would come to my house and we'd do it. It was so much fun...

I felt a sad smile rise at the thought of the memory but I'm quickly hiding it with a big smile.

"I'm definitely  down for it. Let's do it then. We can invite Segun too. It will be fun."

"Oh....okay. Sure."

"You can  bring snacks, tell Bolu to bring his comics, so we can read while we rest and I will bring drinks. And segun will bring...hmm."

I'm rambling on when I felt Michael's hand drop to my shoulder with a smile that I couldn't read. "Oya go home and don't be late. I will tell them."

"Oh okay."

Waving my goodbye, i rush to the loading taxi.

I feel somewhat excited and nervous, most especially  about the event for Saturday. The guys will be coming. I just have to do my house chores the night before then.

This week should quickly end.

*********************

The next day...