Chapter Forty-Two

Beginne am Anfang

:~:~:~:

Alex's POV 

"Wake up, sweetheart." A sweet aroma reached my nose, and my stomach growled. My eyes squinted at the faint light from above me. I tried to sit up, but my head was heavy and pounding and drowsy.

"You're awake." The once-dark and evil eyes were staring at me. Now it was happy, more than I had ever seen it before. "I was becoming worried about you."

"Where am I?" I croaked, my throat feeling hoarse and dry.

"In my hall," Bill smiled, flashing his teeth. His cheeks were rosy like they were the last time I saw him. For some reason, that tranquil and relaxing aura around him still hung in the air like three and a half years ago. The weird thing was he didn't look old and tired anymore. "Isn't it nice?"

The soft bed felt too comfortable for me to move, so I turned my head to look around.

It was dark with a sky light from above us. It felt eerie in the room, shadows clung to every corner on the walls.

"No," I said honestly.

He laughed. "I knew you were going to say that."

"What am I doing here?"

"What? You didn't think that I would kill you, did you?"

"Yeah, I did," I stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world because it seemed like it to me. One hundred percent, yes. No doubt about it.

"Why would I kill someone that I love?"

The way the l-word left his mouth had shivers moving up and down my body. "How do you love me? You attempted to rape me!"

"I had trouble that day, sweet-"

"Don't call me that!"

"Why not?" Bill pouted like a child. Oh, my God, he was still so immature on the inside.

"Were you wearing a mask earlier?" I blurted out. The brief moment of blood rushing out of his full cheeks confirmed my suspicions. "But why?"

"The police can't know that I'm me," Bill said, slowly making his way over to me. His hand touched mine gently, but even the faintest of contact made my body recoil as if he burned me.

"Stop," I demanded. It was like deja vu. It was going to happen again, wasn't it? "Where's... where's Harry?"

"Oh, Mr. Styles, the murderer and thief?" Bill chuckled without remorse. The brilliance and life behind those hazel eyes were long gone as soon as I mentioned my best friend. "He got arrested by the police."

"Why didn't you get-"

"Because of the mask, silly," he grinned, poking my nose as if I was a toddler. What was his problem?

"Can you do me a favor, Billy?" I said, pushing my body up from my previous position. The man smiled and adjusted the pillow for me so that it helped my back and posture. If he wasn't criminally insane and didn't defy my body, I would've blushed because of his gentleman side.

Then I dared myself to be seductive, struggling to draw him closer to me. I had heard somewhere that when someone was in love, they were blind: completely and entirely.

I felt my back press against pillow and puffed my chest out a bit, pulling down the covers to reveal my plain grey t-shirt... that... reminded me... an awful like... oh, my fuck. Did he dress me? I swallowed that factor and continued my act.

I raised my hand and wriggled my eye brow. My finger signaled him to come closer. Bill was hesitant but lingered near me. Licking my lips, I pressed mine against his as soon as he was into view.

I felt his dirty, chapped lips against mine, which were in the same condition, but it felt so disgusting. My lips were only meant for Harry. At that moment, a pang struck my heart, knowing that I would only kiss Harry... did that mean I like him... more than I thought I did?

I tried not to get side-tracked and continued kissing Bill, my chest rubbing against his. His breath was short and rushed as we took a breath together then locked lips one more time. My hands trailed and drew shapes along his chest as I slipped underneath the panting and lustful man. They crept up and reluctantly tangled themselves into his greasy hair. It was quite the opposite of Harry's soft and wild curls.

"Oh, my God," I moaned onto his lips, persuading him that my pleasure in this whole thing was as equal as his. "Bill." It felt so awkward to moan a name that was as poisonous as his, but I did anyway. Maybe after I escaped and ran away with Harry by my side, we could become famous actors while Billy rotted in jail and rehab.

"Alex," he hissed, impatiently.

Then my hands firmed pressed on his hard chest, pushing us away from each other.

"Please, Bill," I cried, actual tears pouring out of my eyes. It reminded me so much of the day we met underneath the big oak tree. "Please do me a favor."

"Anything for you," he cooed, stroking my hair, twirling his finger around a strand of my bed-head hair. Those were the three key words that I was dying to hear.

"Please, promise me this."

"I promise, Alex. Anything for my sweetheart."

I cringed at the nickname but didn't want to start angering him. After all, you couldn't get what you want if you kept adding fuel to the fire that was never supposed to be there.

"Bail Harry out," I said firmly. The darkness was about to return in those precious eyes of his, but I kissed him gentl again, licking his bottom lip. Before he could argue or disagree with me, I blurted out, holding his hands and looking directly into the hazel, "Just for a week like I was promised. If you do, I'll come with you. I'll stay with you. We'll live happily here. You can release your girls, and I'll make you happier than they can. Just please... one week. You know... I am a virgin-"

"Yes, yes yes!" Bill rejoiced. "I will, but you promise me that you both can't fool around! Just to say good-bye!"

"Yes," I lied. "I promise you, Bill."