Chapter 18

Published: January 24th 2019
Edited: November 23rd 2019

To be honest, you were scared.

You turned around slowly and peeled his thick fingers off of your waist, as he studied your face in confusion. You finally broke his iron grip and threw his hand to the side, you put your hands on your hips. "I was with Lancer, I thought it would be nice to treat him to a day out." You said. The King didn't understand why you weren't intimidated."Did I say you could take my son? You are not to disobey me, lightener." He bit. You sighed loudly. "No." You didn't show your fear. The King gave you a cold glare. You knew what he was doing, and why he was doing it. You were gonna embarrass him for it too. "Where you really that worried about me and him?" Your words broke the silence. The Kings voice left his throat, he was completely unsure on what to say and lost all confidence in the moment. You yanked his cloak, pulling him down to your height. Your faces were centimeters away. "You know, you don't always have to be so mean and rude to show me you care." You stated, before sealing the gap between the both of you with a short kiss. You pulled back and let him go, before walking away to your room.

You sat on your bed and peeled off your uncomfortable clothes, throwing them aside. You walked over to the closet and threw the huge doors open. An array of clothes were before you. After some time of thinking you selected an adorable otter pajama set. (Picture is just for reference)

(I did this just for Blooky_The_Sad_Otter )After you slipped on the pajamas you heard a small knock on your door

After you slipped on the pajamas you heard a small knock on your door. "Coming!" You shouted as you ran to the door. You flung the door open to see The King, standing there awkwardly and extending his hand, but then bursting out into laughter. "Hey! What's so funny?" You asked as you threw your hands on your hips. "Your outfit looks so adorable!" He chuckled. "Yeahyeahyeah...get to the point." You said as you crossed your arms. "I was wondering if you'd want to take a walk?" He asked politely. You smiled and took his hand with a nod. "Where are we going?" You asked as the both of you walked down the grand halls of the Kingdom. The King chuckled, "Somewhere." You sighed softly and nodded.

You had finally arrived at your destination with the King. A beautiful garden, filled with flowers, a fountain, and a bench. Your eyes lit up with curiosity and wonder as you walked into the garden. You bent over and caressed a flower petal in amazement. "How come you've never told me about this place?" You asked as you took a seat on the bench. "Because only special people know about it." He said as he plucked a flower from the ground. The King sat next to you with a flower in his hand. He gently placed the flower in your ear with a giggle. You smiled softly and leaned your head on his shoulder.

"Y/N, there's something I need to tell you." He said softly, his voice quivered a bit. You took your head off of his shoulder and looked up at him in curiosity. He paused for a moment in hesitation. "I am afraid that you will never be able to leave this place, Lightener. The dark knight has instructed so." He said in a subtly sad tone. You pressed your lips together and shrugged your shoulders carelessly. "...But since...since we have such a connection. I was thinking...for the better of the Kingdom," He slipped off the bench before getting on one knee. He dug in his pocket for a moment before presenting you with a simple but elegant ring. "Y/N, my love, for the betterment of the Kingdom, my heart, your wellness, Lancer, would you do the honor of marrying me?" He asked. 'For Lancer? I can't turn that down.' You let out a shaky sigh, but it was happy.

"Y-yes!" You choked out. The King smiled brightly and slipped the ring on your finger. He gazed into your glazed over eyes. You smiled even brighter than he was. You threw your arms around him and pulled him in for a tight hug. "I-I l..love you..." You mumbled, your voice cracking from the tears. "I love you too, my queen." He replied.

The King picked you up in a bridal style position, walking out of the garden. "How about we go to bed?" He asked as he placed a kiss on your forehead. You smiled and nodded.

'For Lancer, for the people. Of course I have feelings for him, but, this is all for Lancer'

'I can't let him suffer any more.'