Chapter 3

Published: December 28th 2018
Edited: October 11th 2019

You felt your eyes get rather heavy as you snuggled closer into the fine sheets. You sighed of relief for being alone, you'd rather be alone then be surrounded by a group of people. You pulled down your shirt because it rose a little before shutting your tired eyes.

Into dream

"Y/N! Get me another beer!" Your fathers voice called out for your service. You sat up off of the couch and clutched your teddy bear for comfort, you where just seven. You walked over to the kitchen and opened the fridge before pulling a cold beer out of the box. Your hands shook with fear and you carried the beer over to your drunk father.

Your dads hand was held out to you, before he snatched the beer out of your hand and slumped a bit further into the couch. He popped the lid off before loudly sipping the drink. You looked at his stubble and dark tired eyes as they settled on the television in front of him. He set his beer down on the coffee table in front of him. He turned to you before his yellow teeth flashed you a drunken smile. His clammy hand grabbed your cheek and squished it forcefully. "You'll always be my little girl." He cooed creepily. Your throat felt so dry, you forced yourself to swallow. "...say it." He grumbled, his expression slowly churning. "...s-say what?" Your fingers dug into your teddy bear with fear. "Say you'll always be my girl!" He yelled with anger, his hand snatching your wrist and bringing you closer. His breath hit your face, making your scrunch your nose in disgust. "SAY IT!" a hot tear rolled down your cheek as he continued to roughly scream at you.

Back to reality

You jolted up from your silk bed and shook violently. You were covered in cold sweat s, tears ran down your pale cheeks. Your body shook with fear as his voice rang in your head. You felt goosebumps rise to your warm sweaty skin, along with a chill down your spine. You eventually caught your breath and looked at a golden small clock on the wall, wondering of the time. The clock was small and hung on your wall, it was golden brimmed and had small porcelain cherry blossoms encrusted into it. 3:37 read the clock, the ticking sound of the hands comforted you. This was the usual time you'd wake up from your recurring nightmares. Oh how much you dreaded these dreams depriving you of your slumber. You crawled over to the edge of the bed and sat, hunched over yourself. Fiddling with your fingers you took a deep breath. You rubbed your tired eyes and fell back onto the bed. 'I wish I could go home...or at least have some nice people around me.' You thought to yourself. But, people weren't ever nice to you. You have always shown kindness, but stood your ground. Then again, you wouldn't show kindness to a king who calls their son such horrible names, then calling you disgusting. Just a thought of the King makes you shiver. Up from where you came from everyone hated you, for no reason. They'd always been selfish and inconsiderate with the words that rolled of their tongue. The only person who was decent was Ms. Alphys. She had always had a shaky smile and a warm heart. Even your family couldn't be the slightest bit of kind to you.

You sat atop your bed, feeling queasy and homesick. Suddenly a small knock came to your door. "Yes?" You asked sweetly. The door creaked open, a small figured hopped onto your bed and layed next to you. "Lancer? Dear, what are you doing up at this time?" You asked sitting up and pulling the small child onto your lap. "I couldn't fall asleep...I miss my mom..." He mumbled sadly. You frowned and hugged him tightly, he hugged back and didn't let go. You felt something wet and warm soak your nightgown, then you realized it. Lancer was crying. You stroked his hood and his back, comforting the poor child. "Did you wanna talk about it?" You asked pulled him closer. Lancer pulled away and sniffled, he sat infront of you and took a deep breath. "She left us when I was younger, maybe 5? But...later that day we found her dead infront of the kingdom. I can't still remember the smile plastered on her lifeless face...my dad was a lot nicer back then, he was actually happy. He cared for me like no other, and he loved my mother with all of his soul. The day she left he completely changed into the monster he is now...I miss my parents." He spoke softly, he fought back tears as his lips trembled. You took your thumb and wiped his warm salty tears streaming down his face. You cupped Lancers cheek and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Lancer, my child it will all be alright as long as I'm here, I'm positive that I can change the Kings ways." You said with a smile. Lancer smiled softly and gazed into your kind eyes, suddenly he threw his arms around you and bear hugged you. "Thanks new mom!" He said sweetly. You shook your head in confusion, "Mom?" You questioned. "Well of course! Can you not be my new mom at the moment?" He asked sweetly. You couldn't ever say no to such a sweet child. "*sigh* Yes Lancer I will be your Mother for the time, but that doesn't mean I'm marrying your father!" You giggled. Lancer laughed and pulled away from the hug, he fell back into your soft bed and smiled brightly.

"Mom is it alright if I sleep in your room tonight?" He asked with a big smile, you nodded and smiled even brighter. Lancer threw the covers over himself as you did the same. Lancer curled into a ball and snuggled into you, you couldn't help but 'aww'. You held Lanced close and fell into a deep sleep.