Chapter 14

Published: January 12th 2019
Edited: October 24tn 2019

You slammed your door shut, in a rush of emotions. That side of you hasn't came out for a really long time. For as long as your remembered you tried to control your anger. You weren't that hot headed but, when someone pissed you off they'd pay for it, but you were shocked that you exploded. it always seemed that you were so kind and full of insight that you couldn't harm a fly, odd.

You clenched your fists together, shaking in silence. You breathed heavily as you sat on the cold wooden floor, pressed up against the door. You furrowed your eyebrows, feeling the sting of tears in your eyes. You desperately wished Lancer got the father he deserved. You wished you had the father you deserved. You felt thick tears roll down your face as you continued to dwell in your emotions.

You didn't feel like paying attention to that, you wanted to be kind again...it was your job anyways. You slowly sat up and wiped off your tears, a slight smile tugged at your lips. You noticed that you were still in pajamas, so your slipped them off and strolled towards the closet. You opened the closet to reveal an array of pants and regular clothes, you smiled warmly. You saw a yellow sticky note on the top of the closet doors, it read, 'thought you'd want these, yours truly- Spades.' You sighed before placing the sticky note back on the door.

You selected some baggy jeans/tight jeans and a checkered sweater, you ran a hand through your hair.

You sighed tiredly, you thought about the King. "I should apologize..." You thought as you walked over to the door.

(Time skip brought to you by the letter I)

You walked out of your room with a smile and confidence. You walked faster down the halls, wondering where the King would be. You entered the throne room, he wasn't there. You walked towards the kitchen and he wasn't there either. You had made your way to Lancers room to see if he was in there, but no luck. Lancer and Rouxls were in his room playing with barbies and listening to Lancers MP3.

You searched the entire kingdom, except for one room. His room. You walked down the navy blue halls, searching for his door. Finally you saw it. Before entering you sighed loudly and smiled. You knocked on the door and entered. The King sat on the edge of his bed, as he looked at a photo. Small tears fell from his eyes, you were unnoticed. "Spades?" You called quietly, peeking through the door. The King jumped slightly and wiped his eyes quickly. You flung the door open and rushed to his side, sitting next to him.  "What's wrong?" You asked quietly, trying to be gentle. The King sat in silence, a blue tear dripped from his cheek. You pressed your lips together and sighed softly. You got up and knelt infront of him, you wiped his tears and caress his cheek. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier...I'm not sure if that's why you're upset, but I'll always be here for you...I promise. I know sometimes things are hard...sometimes you feel like nobody's there and nobody ever will be...but the brightest stars need darkness to shine." Your words were soft and sweet. You cupped his cheeks as a soft smile appeared on his lips.

You got up and sat beside him, interlocking fingers with him. You laid your head on his shoulder. "So...will you tell me what's wrong now?" You said, squeezing his hand softly. The King handed you a crumpled up photo, the photo had some tear stains on it too. There was Lancer, but even smaller, he was just a baby, The King of Spades, who was holding Lancers hand, and a short pale woman who had a similar clothes to the family.(Art doesn't belong to me it is just for reference.)

"Was that the Queen?" You asked softly

"Was that the Queen?" You asked softly. The King slowly nodded, wiping a few tears from his cheeks. "She was, one of the most powerful and dangerous people I've ever met, that's why I loved her...she didn't really like me, but I was content and so was Lancer...but the day she left, everything changed...she was gone forever....along with my happiness." The Kings words were soft but powerful, you eyes were glossy and filled with tears. "I'm...sorry." You mumbled. "I miss her." He whispered. The King turned you towards him and cupped your cheek. He gazed into your dim eyes. "Promise me you won't ever leave me behind like she did...please.." His words were shaky, tears slipped from your eyes. "There isn't a time I'd ever want to leave you...I promise and I'll keep it." You spoke softly as your breaths were sharp. The King pulled you into a tight embrace, you tensed up for a moment but then melted into the hug. His grip was tight around you and it seemed like he didn't want to let go. "Thank you...Lightener..."