Chapter 12

Published: January 8th 2019
Edited: October 17th 2019

You woke up from your deep sleep feeling warmth, it was comforting. You felt an arm holding you from behind aswell. You softly yawned and fluttered your eyes open, to face the King. Suddenly you remembered last night and your nightmare which sent a shiver up your spine. You looked up at the King to see him softly smiling. "How was your sleep Lightener?" He asked in a light voice. "Better ." You answered groggily in a morning voice, the King thought your morning voice was adorable. The Kings face was filled with blush as he listened to your words. "Hmm...I see." He chuckled. You sighed softly before pushing the heavy covers off of your body. You sat up and stretched your arms, feeling your back crack with ease. You where about to hop off of the bed before the Kings words cut you off,"Where are you going?" You froze for a moment at his question, placing your hands behind you, curling your fingers on he covers.. You pressed your lips before looking over your shoulder bashfully. "I didn't want to be a bother to you so...I'm going to my room." You told him. You felt his hand shift onto yours before feeling warmth rise to your cheeks. "Just lay with me." He said calmly. You opened your lips to say something but then you closed it, you did want to spend time with him.

You fell back and laid next to him with peace. He smiled as he looked over at you. Who knew he was like this.

Then you felt your heart beating against your chest again. "Should I confess?" You asked your self in thought. "Y/N, what's wrong?" The King noticed your facial expression and your soul beating on your chest. "I...I..." You were at lack of words. "You what?" The King asked. Your face flushed red, but as soon as you were about to speak but Lancer bursted into the room. The Kings face absolutely fell, and you sprang up from your cuddling position so you could look at Lancer. "Hey Dad! Hi new Mom!" Lancer greeted as he hopped up on the bed on your lap. "Lancer, what do you want?" The King asked in an annoyed tone. You placed a finger on his mouth and hushed him, which made the King rolled his eyes. "Heya Lancer, goodmorning, Did you need something?" You asked with a smile. "Listen to my MP3 with me!!" He exclaimed you giggled loudly. "I'll listen to them in a bit, go talk to Rouxls for now." You said giving his hand a squeeze. Lancer stuck out his tongue and grinned. "Hohohoho! I'll see you later Mom!" Lancer exclaimed as he sprinted out the room, shutting the door behind him.

The King grabbed your waist and pulled you down besides himself, you felt your face submerge in blush as he caressed your back. The King smiled, "Why so red?" You hid your face with your hands and groaned. "No, uncover your face." He said as he pried your hands from your face. You smiled softly as he tucked your hair behind your ear. "Just tell me what the matter is." He commanded. "Uhmm...isn't it o-obvious..?" You muttered as your eyes looked at the ceiling. "Maybe, maybe not." He chuckled. You sighed loudly and began speaking. "You see...I just...uhm yeahihaveastrangeattractiontowardsyou." You stuttered, but then your words sped up at the end where you actually confessed. The Kings face was painted with blue blush, but then he got a cocky grin. "So, can you repeat the least part?" He teased. You rolled your eyes. "I like you! A lot! Okay!" You exclaimed in an annoyed scared tone. Your hands crinkled sweatily with anxiety. You bit your lip and closed your eyes. The King lifted up your face to his as he spoke to you, "...it really was obvious wasn't it? Well, if it makes you feel any better, I like you too." He stated as he caressed your cheek. Your face burned up as he stared into your eyes. "So, uhm...this is...nice? Right?" "Positively."