Chapter 17

Published January 18th 2019
Edited November 9th 2019

You felt someone's hands around your waist, pulling you close. "Ah right...I was asleep...with spades.' You awkwardly thought.

You slowly peeled his arms off of you, trying not to wake him up. You pried his big thick fingers, one by one from your waist. His arm was heavy but not too heavy, you set his arm down lightly and scooted quietly to the edge of the bed. You where about to get up and go get Lancer when a hand intertwined with yours. You looked over your shoulder to see the King, he was half asleep. "W-where...are you...going?" He yawned. You picked up his hand and placed a sweet kiss on it, "Just with Lancer, you stay here and sleep." You said softly. The King nodded and went back to sleep. You paused for a moment before realizing your actions. You stared at your hands in disbelief. 'Did I just kiss his hand?'

You quietly walked out of the room and softly shut the door before booking it down the Kingdom Halls. It was always so fun to run around like a child in this huge kingdom. You slid on your feet, gliding around the rooms. It was almost like you were ice skating, gracefully but roughly.

You slid at a stop for a moment, arriving at Lancers room. You creaked the door open quietly and slipped into the room, to find Lancer playing with paper dolls. Lancers eyes immediately shot up with excitement to see you. He hopped off of his bed and threw his dolls to the side, he jumped into your arms and giggled loudly. "Good morning mom!" He exclaimed hugging you tightly. You chuckled and kissed his forehead. "Good morning." You said sweetly.

You set Lancer down and crouched down to his small height. A small smirk appeared on your face. "So Lancer, I was thinking that you and me could have a day out. Just you and me." You said as you watched Lancers face light up like a sparkler. Lancers eyes twinkled, his goofy grin was plastered on his cute face with his classic tongue sticking out. "YES." He said excitedly. "You're the best mom ever!" He exclaimed.

Time skip brought to you by Sandy Cheeks

You decided to wear an outfit that made you look a bit low key, in case of any trouble people wouldn't recognize you being a Lightener.

You pulled your hood over your head, you were clearly unrecognizable. You looked down at Lancer and held onto his small hand. "Okay! Where to first Lancer?" You asked with a chipper voice. Lancer pondered for a moment, putting his small hand on his chin and letting out a "hmmm" sound. You chuckled at his pureness, he really was unconsciously adorable. Lancer let out a small gasp, "To Seams!" He exclaimed, dragging you off into the wilderness of the Darkener world.

You stopped infront of a cozy looking shop and peeked inside the window. "Is this Seams place?" You asked with a hint of curiosity in your voice. Lancer nodded happily and held onto your hand tightly. Lancer was definitely attached to you by the hip, causing you to chuckled a bit. Lancer yanked you into the shop and sat onto of the counter facing a cat like creature.

"Hello Lancer, my boy." The old cats voice was a bit gravely, but soothing. "HoHoHo! Hello!" Lancer exclaimed excitedly. The cat turned to your covered face and smiled a bit. "Who is this Lancer?" He asked. "She's Y/N! *whisper yells* And she is also my mom!" Lancer said giddily. You chuckled a bit and smiled brightly. "Pull off your hood, it'll be fine." The cat suggested. You hesitated for a second before you pulled off your hood, smiling softly. "Such a beautiful lady! Lancer are you sure this is your mom?" Seam asked sarcasticly suspicious, cocking an eye brow. You chuckled a bit and smiled even wider, if that was possible. 'OKAY SO THIS IS STARTING TO BE CREEPILY AWKWARD...'

It was always awkward for you to meet new people, you are very much an introvert. You barely spoke to Lancer and Seam at the moment, you were crazed by anxiety. Your palms were a bit sweaty and shaky from all your nervousness. But after a good five minutes you warmed up to Seam.

You and Lancer began telling silly jokes that made no sense, you laughed uncontrollably. "Why shouldn't you *giggle* write with a broken *snort* pencil?" You laughed. "I don't know, why?" Lancer giggled. "Because it's pointless!" You laughed loudly, throwing your head back. Lancer and Seam giggled louder, you all looked like a bunch of idiots.

"Your mom is sure a riot, lucky little boy...she's a keeper." Seam said after wiping a few tears that prickled from the laughter. You blushed bashfully and smiled. "Thank you Seam." You chimed.

You ordered a Darkburger for Lancer before you left, it was getting quite late. Lancer skipped happily by your side to the kingdom as he ate his burger. Lancer was always such an innocent cinnamon bun. "Lancer, I always want you to know I love you...no matter what." You said. Lancer stopped skipping and looked up at you. "I love you too mom, don't forget that either!" He said cheerfully, as he resumed eating and skipping.

You pushed open the big doors of the Kingdom and stepped inside with Lancer. You wiped a few crumbs off of Lancers fluffy face. He brightly smiled and giggled, you smiled warmly. You pulled off your hood, before wishing Lanced goodnight.

You walked towards the throne room. Your shoes made an irritating squeaking sound hat made you shrivel and cringe.

You finally arrived at the throne room and looked up nervously to see the King before you. Your lips awkwardly curled into a nervous shaky smile as you saw his stone furious face. You slowly backed away, but suddenly a tight grip formed around your wrist. "Where were you?"