Chapter 16

Published January 18th 2019
Edited November 9th 2019

You tiredly sat on the cold marble floor of the throne room, awaiting the King. Your fingers tapped to a beat of your favorite song as you yawned.From the corner of your eye you saw the King walking towards you. "Y/N, whatever are you doing on the floor? Your clothes will get dusty."

"How about we go to bed?" He asked as he extended a hand to you. You faintly blushed at the kind gesture before placing your hand in his. "Sure." You murmured. You where about to get up, right before Spades playfully yanked you to your feet. You squeaked in surprise as you thumped into his chest lightly. The both of you let out a light giggle before he escorted you to your room.

After a small stroll around the Kingdom you had finally arrived at your room. You were a little surprised that the day went by so swiftly, since it hadn't felt long at all.

You sighed softly as you stood closer to your door, the king was chatting with you but your mind was blank. You aimlessly listened to his tales as you leaned against the outside of your door. You crossed your arms and stared at the floor.

"And then I-..." He suddenly paused his stories and cheesy jokes before he looked at your face,"...are you alright?" You paused for a moment. You untucked your arms and looked up at his face. You slowly curled your lips into a warm smile. "I'm fine, just a little tired." You told him softly. His eyebrows narrowed for a moment at you, cautiously with curiosity. "Are you sure?" He asked, slurring his words a bit. You exhaled for a moment before standing straight. You stood a little closer to him before linking arms with him, like a child. "Hm, how about I walk you to your room for a change?" Without even a response you dragged him to his room swiftly.

-timeskip-

You blew out a candle that was lit beside his bed, his room smelled of cinnamon. It reminded you of your old home. You would always visit this one lady, she was a sweetheart. She would make cinnamon butterscotch pies. She was the best baker. You could faintly remember all the times you've been with her son, Kris, and him rambling about his mothers baking. Such a sweet family.

You paused for a moment, pressing your lips together. You knew it wasn't really your duty to be taking care of the King, especially when it was unnecessary. But, you felt strangely of him. In a good way of course. But, it made your stomach flutter. It made your breathing heavy. It made you smile. It made you feel warm. 'Is this love?' You thought to yourself as you turned around, making your way to the door. 'This can't be love...it just doesn't fit...does it?'

You placed your hand on the door knob before twisting it. You were about to leave the room but that familiar voice called your name, "Y/N, wait." You took your hand off of the door and turned around. The king was out of bed and right in front of you. 'How did he move so fast?!' "Yes?" You replied. You looked up at his tall, sleepy stature. A small shaken smile was fixed on his lips. "...I was wondering, you are able to deny this request, but I was wondering if you'd lay with me?" He asked awkwardly. His cheeks glowed with a deep blue in the dim lighting. Your lips pressed together in a confused smile. You felt yourself become warm and red with embarrassment.

You collected your thoughts with a sigh. "Sure." You responded with a shrug of your shoulders.  

-timeskip-

You felt his warm arms pull you in from behind, his head resting on the middle of your back.

You knew he was asleep.

But you weren't.

Something felt....

Right about this.

'And...this is love.'