Chapter 6

Publish: January 2nd 2019
Edited: October 13 2019

Your lips curled nicely into a warm smile. You weren't alone for once.

You sat up and looked down at your leggings for a moment. You stood up and walked over to your closet and opened the wardrobe. Your eyes scanned the racks of clothing for some comfortable pants, but there wasn't much. The closet was stacked with frilly dresses, making your groan in discomfort. You where definitely going to have to talk to Spades about this, or you'd just have to order clothes yourself. You sighed softly before shutting the closet doors, you where gonna have to sleep in leggings, isn't the worst thing after all.

You walked over to the bathroom and looked into the mirror for a moment, staring into your hollow eyes. You felt as if this place wasn't real, but you longed for it to be. You twisted the knob to the sink and let warm water run. You splashed the water onto your face, trying to straighten your thoughts for once.

You wiped your face on the bottom of your shirt before running a hand through your hair.

You still couldn't shake the thought of Spades.

You sat on your oversized silk bed. You pondered about the King, why was he the one? Why did it have to be him? At least you care for someone.

After awhile of thinking you felt hungry, since you haven't eaten anything from the past two days. You stood up from you bed and walked over to the door and walked out of your room. You walked around the Kingdom Halls until you entered a kitchen.

A tall blue person wearing fancy clothing stood with his back turned to you, stirring a pot of macaroni and cheese. You looked over at him with curiosity, he seemed to not notice your presence in the room. Your eyes wandered Soren's the rather large kitchen, before they fell on a fridge, bingo. You grabbed a paper plate before walking over to the fridge.

You slowly opened the fridge, anticipating, they have to have something good, they are royalty after all. Your eyes filled with light as you opened the fridge, your eyes met with ketchup and massive amounts of shredded cheese. Ketchup and shredded cheese. You grabbed a bag of shredded cheese and ripped the seal off, before pouring half of it onto your paper plate. Suddenly, the blue man swiftly turned around, his hair gracefully swooshing to his shoulders as he faced you, his hands tightly gripping a spoon with fear. He looked you into the eye with confusion before his face fell into a smile and his hands uncurled from the spoon. "Ah, thou must be thee new guest." He spoke in a charming tone, everything about him seemed to be smooth. "Uhm...yeah." You mumbled before poking at your shredded cheese. "Well, I am'st Rouxls Kaard, Duke of Puzzles..and thou is?" He asked for your name politely before. "Y/N L/N." You said in a small voice.

Rouxls perfect white smile glistened as he looked at you for a moment. His eyes where a pale blue and his white eyelashes gracefully fluttered. "Nice to meet thou Y/N, if thy acquires anything, thou can cometh to me." He said with a smile. You nodded and flashed him a warm smile before pulling up a chair to the counter.

You sat at the counter and picked at your cheese. It wasn't the best but you'd rather eat than starve in your room. You ran a hand through your h/l hair before looking over to the garbage can, then looking down at your plate. "It really wouldn't be wasting if I already ate some of it." You thought to yourself in hesitation. You softly sighed before scooting out of your chair and walking over to the garbage, then plopping the plate in the trash. You went to close the lid of the garbage can but it slammed rather loudly instead. You jumped at the noise a bit before looking back at Rouxls, who stared at you in confusion. "...Yeahhhhhhhhh you should look into that." You whisper yelled before walking over to the door. 

Before your hand even grasped the door handle, the doors where flung open in a rush. Rouxls jumped a bit at the sudden movement, you jumped and ran next to Rouxls. King Spades stood at the doorway with tired eyes. "Rouxls what is the meaning of all this noise and-" His eyes stopped on you, he seemed to freeze for a moment, "...Just get to bed." He told Rouxls. He was about to shut the door and walk back to his chambers, but before he did he looked at you for a moment, almost admiring you.

The doors shut abruptly and he walked away. You slowly looked up to Rouxls who had a dirty grin that smothered his face, you knew exactly what he was thinking. You rolled your eyes and walked away. You walked towards the door, pressing your hands on the cold handle. "...Thou cannot deny it, he likes thou." Rouxls words made you cringe, you shot him a look before walking back to your room.

"...at least he's right."