Chapter 10

Steele

I decide to surprise Aurora, do something romantic. I've purchased a bouquet of white roses, her favorite, and have them ready along my side.

They sit besides me on my passenger seat, me anxiously awaiting her surprised, happy response. I can see it now. I pull up in my navy blue Chevy Blazer with Aurora exiting the house while I get out of the SUV holding a large floral arrangement, putting a huge grin on her face.

The closer I draw into her driveway, the larger my smile expands. She's going to be so happy I went the extra mile to buy her flowers after our fight. I know she's the woman for me and I'm the man for her and I know deep down she knows it too. I love Aurora so fucking much, we belong together. No one can tell me any different.

I park my SUV and unfortunately, she doesn't come walking up like I had envisioned. The house is quiet, faintly lighted since it is nearing 9 pm.

I grab the flowers, exit the truck and start making my way up Aurora's driveway towards her house. I'm halfway up the paved sidewalk to the brick outlay when I notice Kane's truck parked to the side, him standing aside it.

"Kane!" Immediately my temper comes to a boil when I see him. All of me set off in a rage. I can't contain myself, I can't hold back my anger. Instantly, I drop the roses to the ground, run up to him, drawing back my fist and punch him in the jaw.The blow comes unexpectedly, having him falter to his knees, his one hand clenching onto his now throbbing chin while I wait for him to stand, wait to get in another jab.

Aurora comes running out of the house angrily before Kane can stand. Not the welcoming moment I was hoping for. "Steele! What the fuck did you do!" She roars with a disgruntled expression on her face, moving closer in until she is grabbing onto Kane, helping him up. Her soft gentle hands lifting him to his feet, her loving eyes centering on him as she worriedly focuses on him, not me. Only having my jealousy boil more then it already has.

I hate how she has somehow disregarded my existence and now only sees Kane, a man that can't possibly love her the way I do. She can't see how he is slyly using every angle to maneuver his way into her life, advertently pushing me out so he can sneak his way in.

"What is he doing here Aurora, and can't you see what he's doing? He's trying to slither his way into your life. He's a snake, he's no good!" I cry out in hysterics, already losing my shit. I want to step closer, grab her arms away from him, stop her from lifting him off the ground but I know it will only upset her more, so I just stand there doing nothing. She is so oblivious to the fact that Kane is nothing but a phony. Just some drifter who probably sees her as a hot conquest. He has no true appreciation of her like I do.

Kane wipes his bloody jaw about to talk but refrains when Aurora speaks again, "Leave now! I don't want you here! We're done Steele, it's over! Now Go!" She says aggressively in the most hateful tone with madness steaming from her cheeks.

"Fine, but this is long from over and that includes you and me Aurora." I grumble, agreeing to walk away because I love Aurora and I know she isn't in her right state of mind at the moment. Kane is nothing but trouble. I will get her straight, get rid of him, and make her mine once and for all.

I turn my back, heading towards my vehicle without looking behind me. I want to turn around, I want to say something, do something more, but I know the timing is wrong. I know now that I need to find other ways of getting rid of Kane. He's more devious then I thought, he just doesn't know I own this town. He has no chance in hell making it in Clyde Banks with Steele Anderson in charge.