Chapter 9

Aurora

I'm in the kitchen preparing dinner when I hear Kane pull down the gravel driveway. Suddenly, I begin to become a bit jittery, anxious of his arrival. There's something about Kane that just isn't there with Steele. A burning desire bleeds through my veins whenever I think about Kane, whenever he's near.

It's probably because I've kept myself sheltered in this town all my life. More than ever these last two years since Jason's death. Kane's presence in Clyde Banks is something new, an enigma that I'm curious about, that I'm drawn to, maybe the distraction I've been desperately longing for since Jason's death. A distraction I attempted to attain with Steele, but due to Steele's need for more, it was never truly attainable.

I stare out of the window over top of the sink watching Kane exit his truck, quietly marveling at his toned, muscular physique flexing in and out. His large thick hand shuts the door, I begin to wonder what his large thick hands would feel like running along my bare flesh, what his sculpted form would feel like lying on top of me, inside of me. An unbearable clenching ache begins to form between my legs from all my impure thoughts and then he looks up, observes me watching him, Kane responding with a small sensual grin that has my pussy throbbing even more.

I smile back, ignoring the twinging angst that yearns for Kane inside my core, and walk over to the front door to meet him. I get there and open up, greeting him with a question, "So I guess you want to see your new apartment?" My way of distracting my undeniable attraction from not just him but from myself.

"That would be nice," Kane smirks, following me inside as I make way to his new living quarters.

"It's right down this way. There's a separate entrance at the side of the house, but there is also an entrance through the dining room. It's a basement apartment. My cousin used to live down there until she moved away out of state. It's already furnished, but if you don't want anything, I can donate it to Goodwill. Just let me know." I get to the basement door opening up, walking down the steep flight of steps with Kane close behind, his body heat radiating against my back.

Once we arrive at the bottom and are face to face, Kane replies seemingly content, "I was going to have to buy furniture so this works out perfectly, but I'm fine with just a bed for the most part."

I extend out my arm and hand like a showroom model to exhibit the room, " As you can see, there is a bed among a sofa, a kitchen with a compact washer and dryer, and back there," I point to the closed door off in the corner, "is a full bathroom."

He reaches into the back pocket of his denim jeans, pulling out a wad of money, then hands it to me, "One thousand, like we agreed."

Kane's fingers softly feather against my palm. A tingling sensation instantaneously swarms throughout my body from the slight touch. It's a touch I want to feel more of but I can't because I remember not only do I not know this man, he is now living in part of my home, and I'm still fucking Steele on top of all that.

Before I can even consider replacing Steele, I need to end things first and letting him fuck me on Jonah's desk isn't ending things, it's a misleading betrayal. I don't mean for things to end up that way, it's just once we fight, we fuck and then the exceptionally gratifying orgasm he gives me blinds all sensibility.

"I already told you it's too much." I drift back down from the clouds Kane's caress has lifted me to, returning back to reality.

I begin to leaf through the large stack of bills, pulling out several twenties ,but before I can go to hand anything back to him, Kane interrupts.

Placing his fingers over mine, he closes both our hands so the money is locked firmly in my grip,"We're good. I'm going to get my bags from the truck and let you finish working on dinner."