Chapter 6

Aurora

I briskly walk past the kitchen, my true destination, Jonah's office. Joe's Market was short a few boxes of shrimp and considering we have our shrimp cocktail special tonight, Jonah ran out of town to Conrad's Seafood about 20 miles out to get what we needed for the dinner rush. He would be gone for at least two and a half hours, so I knew his office was available, the office just around the corner from the kitchen that was currently two feet from me.

I step in, Steele follows, shutting and locking the door behind him, or at least attempts to shut and lock the door. Kane's defined arm reaches out, his hand pressing against the frame before it closes, not letting another inch budge shut.

"She already told you to go away. What will it take for you to get the hint? My fist knocking into your jaw?" Kane huffs. His stance is solid, he holds a defiance and determination that seems unbreakable in an attempt to keep me safe from Steele, but he doesn't know what I do. Steele may be irrational at times, but he would never hurt me.

Before Steele can lose his shit again, I step over to Kane, getting in front of Steele, "It's okay, I'll be fine. Steele's stubborn ass isn't going anywhere, so I might as well discuss some things with him right now that need to be clarified."

I hear Steele let out a muffled grunt from behind but he doesn't argue.

Kane looks up to meet Steele's gaze, giving him an evil eye, "I'm only walking away right now because, unlike you, I can respect a woman's wishes, but if I hear anything funny I'm breaking in here and kicking your ass."

Steele's head tosses back as he bellows out a fake laugh, smirking, "Like I wouldn't have you down on the ground in one punch."

I turn to Steele in aggravation," Why don't you just start pulling out dicks next? See who has the biggest one while you're at it with your pathetic testosterone competition? Now are we going to fucking talk or should I just walk away again?" I huff, annoyed as all hell. This man just doesn't know when to stop sometimes when it pertains to his ego.

Kane glances my way, giving me a little grin and then walks away. I think what I've just said has given him reassurance that I have this under control.

This time, Steele does get the door shut and locked, then he goes to take my waist, pull me into him. His caramel brown eyes stare down at me with a pleading desperation sitting behind them. "I'm sorry I can be such a jerk at times. I know you don't love me, that you're not going to love me, but it doesn't change the way I feel and stop me from feeling protective over you."

"This isn't going to work anymore Steele. You're starting to lose you're shit and cross lines." I stay in his hold, feeling guilt but also still liking the way it feels to be under his touch.

He takes a step closer to me, my back to Jonah's desk. The move backwards has my behind brushing against the edge. "If I can't have your heart I'll take what I can get."

His hands push back even further, his touch so mesmerizing. I don't realize he's somehow hoisted me up on the desk, splaying my legs open, him finding way in between,"What..what are you doing?"

"Taking what I can get," he growls into my neck, letting his hot breath fan against my skin. A sharp tinge surges in between my thighs as he lets his tongue trace over the path of his words, licking just below my ear.

"But Jonah..he could be back any minute," I breathlessly lie, knowing it's my only defense since my body is betraying me. My fingers have already made way to his hair, leafing and tugging through the heavy strands. I'm supposed to be ending things, putting Steele's emotions before my insatiable lust for him, but he has my body heated, electricity stinging through my veins.

"No excuses Aurora. I know he's gone out of town. Who do you think made sure there would be a shortage of shrimp at the market?" He takes a sharp bite into my shoulder, with his hands slipping under my skirt, quickly yanking down my panties. The intense pain easily turns into unmasked pleasure.

That sneaky bastard.

Steele's fingers find my fold, nimbly rubbing inside the wet crease that welcomes them with it's accumulating moisture.

I take my hands to his pants, anxiously undoing the restraints until I've released his throbbing manhood until it's firmly locked in my fingers, rapidly growing harder, pushing into my palm.

I stroke the large muscle, my hand racing back and forth pumping it, pumping him as he moans in ecstasy, making his fingers only move more fervently, teasing my center.

A part of me wants to stop whatever it is that is going on between us. I know it's wrong, the comfort he brings me, the comfort I greedily indulge in, isn't the comfort I should be taking, but I don't want to be alone. I don't want to be denied the temporary companionship, the satisfaction, the fulfillment that replaces part of the empty void that was made when Jason was taken away from me.

My inner walls are aching with a need only Steele can satisfy. The selfish woman I am doesn't do the honorable thing. I've lost too much already when I lost my husband, so instead, I spread my legs wider, acknowledging my readiness, my want, my deep desires.

His fingers start circling around my labia, forcing me to stroke him more eagerly until his heightening arousal is equivalent to my own.

Steele takes his manhood from my possession, re-positioning it so he's plunging into my center, making my head falter back in sheer delight.

"Oh God yes, that's what I've been waiting for." I cry when he withdraws, pushing back in with more strength with his next dominating thrust.

Steele hovers down lower over my body, positioning my legs completely away from the floor so my knees are folded. He places his hands around my thighs, his lower half pressing inwards. Steele grips tightly, trying to hold me in place as he rams into me with intense primal thrusts.

His lips find mine, devouring my mouth while he pummels me with all his might. I devour his mouth back, with my arms curling around his neck to help take in more of his delectable taste.

I begin to clench tighter around him, the thrusting sensations brushing into just the right places. My breathing becomes heavier, my kisses becoming desperate pants of an orgasm on the rise in his mouth.

He grips his fingers even tighter around my legs, his hammering becoming even harder and further into my depths until my body begins to quake.

My climax unfolds, all of me shuddering in interludes while Steele continues his harsh thrusting blows until all of him finally unravels seconds after. The rapid, spearing thrusts significantly slowing in rate until he's down to his last. A warmth takes my insides, flowing in me as he finds his own relief.

My breath is still faint, but when I do catch enough of it, I speak up with Steele still fitted inside of me, my back still down on the desk, Steele's large figure still pressured down against me. I take a hand to his cheek, caressing him tenderly, "You know this is going to have to end eventually?"

"Just not yet," he places a soft kiss on my lips.