- 14 -

Soojin skipped up to Jun-Oh's apartment in excitement. The festival was open and it was time for the plan to fall into place. Soojin rapidly knocked on Jun-Oh's door.

"Jun-Oh!" she called from the outside. "Come on, it's time to go to the festival!"

Jun-Oh opened up the door, holding up her hair as if she was about to put in a hair tie. "Chill out, I'm right here."

"Are you ready?"

Jun-Oh motioned to her hair. "Does it look like I'm ready? Give me about five minutes. I have to finish up."

Soojin walked into the apartment while Jun-Oh walked back to her bathroom to finish getting ready.

"Why are you so excited for the festival?" Jun-Oh questioned. "It doesn't seem like there's anything extra special about it.

"I just like festivals," Soojin replied.

   "Really?" Jun-Oh questioned, skeptically. "Last time there was a festival in town you weren't so persistent on going."

   "Uh," Soojin hesitated. "Change of heart, I guess?"

Jun-Oh soon walked out of the bathroom. "I'm ready to go now. Just have to lock up."

Soojin and Jun-Oh walked out the door. Soojin bounced in excitement as Jun-Oh got her keys to lock the door. "Hurry up."

Jun-Oh turned the key and checked the knob. "I'm trying here, calm down."

The festival was set up at the park Soojin and Chanyeol met up at. It didn't take very long for Jun-Oh to drive them there.

Soojin pulled out her phone when they parked and got out of the car to send Chanyeol a message.

Soojin: The hen is entering the nest.

Chanyeol: Don't.

Soojin: Sorry.

Chanyeol: Lmao I'm just kidding.

Soojin: ...
Soojin: Is the rooster on his perch?

Chanyeol looked up from his phone to glance in Kyungsoo's direction. He was leaning against the booth's table and twirling a dart in his hand since no one was currently playing their game.

Chanyeol: Yes, and as always, he looks quite dead inside.

Soojin: Operation Kyung-Oh is commencing.

Chanyeol: Ew wait I have a cousin with that name and he used to always steal my M&M's.

Soojin: Um... Operation Junsoo is commencing. Part 1: 'Breaking the Tension'. I'll bring Jun-Oh to the dart booth you both are currently at and get her to play. She'll be forced to interact with Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol: I already see you walking in. Let's get this started ;)

Soojin closed out of her messages and looked around the area. There were tents lined up all along the path. Food trucks scattered the park and kids ran from bouncy castle to bouncy castle. Many people showed up as well. Through the crowd, Soojin spotted a tree like guy behind one of the booths: Chanyeol.

"Hey, Junnie, can we play the dart game?" Soojin asked, already pulling her friend in that direction.

"Well, it doesn't seem like I have much of a choice now, does it?" Jun-Oh tried to keep her pace with Soojin as they came up to the booth.

"Oh, is that Chanyeol?" Soojin gasped. She pulled Jun-Oh up next to her as they reached the table.

Jun-Oh looked up after balancing herself to come face to face with Kyungsoo on the other side of the table. Both of them had shock written on their faces as they froze.

"What are you guys doing here?" Soojin asked, pretending to be surprised.

"Wow, what a coincidence," Chanyeol played the same game. "Universe Cafe employees were all volunteered to work at the booths for this festival. Our company, Universe, apparently is familiar with the company in charge of this festival: Limitless. It's so funny that you both ran into us." Chanyeol gave a bright smile while shaking his head in fake disbelief. "What as small world. It's almost like fate." Chanyeol's hand came down on Kyungsoo's shoulder to give him a small shake.

Kyungsoo widened his eyes and gave Chanyeol a cold look before he returned to a shocked one looking at Jun-Oh.

"Since we're here," Soojin began, "Jun-Oh, why don't you give the game a try?"

Jun-Oh swallowed hard and hesitated. "I-I'm good actually." Jun-Oh chuckled awkwardly. "I just want something to drink—"

Soojin had already pulled out a couple dollars, passing them to Chanyeol. "Ah, but I just paid. Come on, Junnie!" Soojin gave her friend a reassuring smile

Jun-Oh nervously glanced at the three in front of her. She paused before actually speaking, drawing out her answer. "Okay."