- 7 -

Soojin quickly typed out a message to Jun-Oh, determined to get her to come back. They were so close to talking that Soojin was sure that just a few more minutes in the cafe, the awkward tension could have been broken.

Soojin: Junnie come back inside :( we're going to fix this situation.

Jun-Oh: I'm already back at my apartment.

Soojin: WTF how did you get back there so fast?? What are you, the flash??

Jun-Oh: When in dire situations, yes I am.

Soojin exhaled sharply and put her phone away. "I don't think we're ever going to make this work," she mumbled in defeat to Chanyeol. She purses her lips and crossed her arms, then looked over in Kyungsoo's direction to see him wiping down tables in a very focused manner.

"No," Chanyeol started as he also looked at Kyungsoo, "we're not going to give up that easily."

Chen took a small step closer to them. "Maybe we should just not make this complicated and—"

Chanyeol cut him off with a "hush" and put a hand on top of Chen's head. "I'm trying to think here."

"This festival really is a good chance for us to get them to talk," Soojin brought up. "It might be our only hope."

Lay and his sister went to throw away their trash, but stopped next to the group on their way back. "Why are you guys being so secretive?" Lay asked in a quiet voice.

"We're hooking up our friends," Chen spilled. "Specifically our Satansoo with that Jun-Oh girl that just ran out of the cafe."

Lay clapped his hands together in excitement. "Yas queens! I love this tea."

Zhilan chuckled. "You are the gayest gay to ever gay," she said under her breath.

"You know," Sehun started in a hushed voice as he passed the huddle, "having this big of a group might look suspicious. Especially with Kyungsoo just over there." Sehun tilted his head in the direction of Kyungsoo.

After a second of thought, Chanyeol took a napkin from the counter and snatched a pen from his pocket. "We'll have to keep in touch," he said as he began writing something down on the napkin. When he was finished, he handed it over to Soojin.

Soojin took the napkin to see a phone number written on it. "When do you get off work today?" she asked Chanyeol.

"Four," he replied, sliding the pen back into his pocket.

"I'll text you a litter after that just to make sure you're not with Kyungsoo." Soojin folded the napkin and put it in her back pocket. "We'll talk a little more then."

"Should we make a group chat?" Chen suggested.

"Yeah," Chanyeol agreed. "I'll create one after Soojin sends me a text."

"Count me in, sister." Lay held up hand and winked.

"If Lay is in, I want in too," Zhilan added.

Sehun looked at everyone before clearing his throat. "I guess I'll join to watch the drama."

Another employee walked out from the back with a name tag that said 'Xiumin'. "Hey, Chanyeol," he started in a small voice, "Suho wanted you and me to arrange stuff in the back while Kai took your spot behind the counter with Kyungsoo and Chen."

"Alright, I'll be there in a second," Chanyeol sighed, then turned to face Soojin. "Text me later, okay?"

Soojin smiled. "Will do."

   Chanyeol nodded and returned the expression before walking away with Xiumin.

   "I should head out. I guess I'll be talking to you all later." Soojin waved to Lay, Zhilan, and Sehun before walking out of the cafe.

   Her car was still parked across the street in front of Jun-Oh's apartment. She made her way in that direction to go home.

   Once Soojin was in her car, she pulled the napkin out from her pocket and created a new contact for Chanyeol, labeling him as 'Sasquatch'. Her heart seemed to pound a little harder when typing in his number and she had an involuntary smile surface on her face. Soojin caught sight of herself in the mirror and shook it off.

   "Ew," she muttered to herself, referring to the happy feeling she had. Though, she chuckled as she started to pull out of the parking lot.