"It must be awful for you both?" She pushes the topic.

"Nothing we can't handle." He says turning towards me. Daniel then pulls me against him, before kissing my temple softly.

"If anything, the situation has made us even stronger." I interject with a genuine grin.... Come on... whoever you are.

I look around, but know that in reality nothing is going to happen tonight. There is too much security for the snake to slither into view.

"That is good to hear." She says with a huge smile.

The woman then guides us into the foyer where there is a drinks reception. Daniel takes two glasses of champagne from a passing tray and passes one to me. We clink glasses with huge grins on our faces.

"How you holding up?" Daniel asks me with his face turning serious.

"I feel like I'm in one of your movies." I laugh, but answer honestly.

"You're the most beautiful woman..... You're fucking kiddin' me..." I watch Daniel's expression harden and finally appear furious for a second before he composes himself and the mask is back in place. He is glaring over the top of my head at someone at the back of the glamourous foyer.

I turn quickly and my eyes immediately land on Charlie who is sauntering towards us. I notice that he is holding hands with someone and my eyes wonder over to her... this has got to be a joke.... Kimberly Summers... what the hell!

I'm not sure how to react at the sight of them together. I haven't seen Charlie since he told me I had broken his heart. Now, to see him with her of all people is like a punch to the gut.

"Lizzie... aren't you a sight for sore eyes." Charlier greets me, releasing Kimberly's hand to kiss me. Daniel does not let go of me when I step forward to kiss his cheek. "Daniel." Charlie then says formally and holds out his hand for Daniel to shake.

Shake it, shake it, shake it... I silently will him sensing the photographers all around just waiting for a scandal story after Kimberly's public apology last summer. Thankfully, Daniel shakes his hand and smiles for the benefit of the cameras like they are old friends.

I decide to take a leaf out of Daniel's book and lean forward to kiss Kimberley's cheek through the fifty layers of makeup that she is wearing. The sickly scent of her overbearing perfume makes me want to vomit. She has chosen a sapphire blue dress plunges to her belly button with a side split all the way up her thigh, and I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes at her attention seeking ways. We smile at each other as though all has been forgiven while the photographer snaps away.

"Lizzie, it is so wonderful to finally meet you... properly... Charlie has told me so much about you." There is a glint in her eye and I can't work out if she is being sincere or that she is threatening me.

"I'm sure he has." I beam at her as another photograph is taken.

Kimberly brushes a strand of hair behind her ear and I catch sight of a huge diamond ring... this has got to be a joke!

"You two are engaged?" I blurt out to Charlie. Kimberly simply grins like a Cheshire cat.

Charlie looks mortified that I have noticed. "Yeah, bit of a whirlwind really." He offers as explanation, looking bewildered.

"Why wait if you know you've met the one. Right?" She looks pointedly between me and Daniel. I have to fight the urge not to slap the smug grin off her face as my palm twitches.

Just as I feel Daniel is about to speak, a man approaches Daniel. "We are ready for you now, Mr Weston." He says formally, gesturing for us to follow him to our seats.

Daniel does not say anything or even look in either Charlie or Kimberly's direction as he begins to walk away. He turns to wait for me to catch up with him.

"Bye, Charlie." I say bluntly, and simply glance over Kimberly as though she is invisible. I then lean forward to grasp Daniel's hand.  I refuse to allow them to ruin the night for Daniel as I raise his hand to kiss it.  "I'm not going to say good luck because you don't need it. I'm just going to say that I love you more than anything." I whisper to him as we sit down.

"I love you too, Lizzie."

Daniel never releases my hand throughout the awards ceremony, unless it is to applaud someone. I feel the tremble in his fingers and wonder if he can feel mine shaking too.

"Here we go." He mutters more to himself that to me.

A very attractive older woman reads out the nominees with Daniel's name being the last of the four. The large screen then shows a few seconds of each of the men's performances in the nominated film. The scene they have chosen for Daniel is the one where he has his first panic attack in front of his wife when he has returned from fighting after the First World War. His acting is so beautiful that I feel my eyes fill up with emotion, even though I have seen this movie several times. I look round at all of the celebrities that surround me and see with pride that they are completely engrossed too.

"...and the winner is.... Daniel Weston for his performance in Aftermath."

Daniel turns to face me immediately and take my face in his hands. "Congratulations, I knew you would win!" I shakily exclaim. He kisses me several times before releasing me to stand up. His hand covers his heart as though he never believed this would really happen. I stand alongside him, and squeeze his hand before joining in with the animated applause. Daniel steps back towards me to kiss me one more time before stepping into the aisle to make his way to the stage.

On his walk up to the stage I watch as numerous people step out to congratulate him. Once he has reached the end of the aisle, he jogs up the steps and straightens his jacket on his approach to the podium. The presenter kisses his cheek before handing him the BAFTA. Daniel holds it up into the air like it is the World Cup. I feel like my heart is going to burst with pride as I continue to applaud him.

"Oh... wow!" He laughs. "I cannot believe that this is actually happening! Firstly, I just want to congratulate the other nominees, you all deserve this." The room is filled with the sound of applause, and Daniel takes the opportunity to compose himself. "I'm so incredibly proud of Aftermath. Gregory Abbott was an honour to play... a dream character. This film was partly based on true events of these amazing men who returned from the horrors they had seen on the battlefield, but who were then expected to resume their lives as though nothing had happened. I hope I was able to do justice to Gregory's incredible journey through the endless darkness back to his loved ones. I would like to thank the director, Paul Sullivan and the writer Dale Everton for their amazing story telling. I would also like to extend that thanks to everyone who worked on this incredible project. In addition, all the families who were willing to talk to me about what it is like to either be a soldier returning home, or to live with a soldier who has just returned home... you are the true heroes." The room erupts in applause again. Daniel waits for the noise to settle before he continues. "Lastly, I want to thank my Lizzie. Without you I would be adrift... you anchor me and harbour me in a world where I feel completely at sea. You are my calm during the storm, and I love you with all my heart. This one's for you, my darling..."

The tears free flow down my cheeks before I notice that a camera has been turned in my direction. I choose to ignore it, and focus on Daniel who waves his award in the air just before he leaves the stage.

For a split second in my mind's eye I feel like I can see my stalker ripping their TV from the wall in a fit of unadulterated rage. The image takes my breath away, but before I have chance to think about what it means, the image is lost as though it were in a dream. I smile widely as I retake my seat knowing that soon I will know exactly who has ruined our lives for the last few months... and I'll be ready.

- hey guys!

Two updates in a week!!! In all honesty, I couldn't wait to upload this chapter.

So, the stalker wasn't there - but he/she is smart so I guess they would rather wait!

What do you think of this chapter?

You all happy Daniel won? (I just couldn't have him lose!) what did you think of his speech,

Also.... Charlie and Kimberly????????

Please tick the little star too and as ever, thank you for reading xxx -