WTS • XXV

[ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ]

" J U G H E A D  J O N E S "
- N E W S P A P E R  P U B L I S H E R -

i woke up the next morning from someone, who i assumed was betty sprinting off the bed. i tiredly sat up and looked around to be met with no one. betty wasn't next to me anymore and there wasn't anyone that i could see. i heard throwing up coming from the bathroom, so i quickly pulled back the blanket and ran into the bathroom. i was met with betty sitting by the toilet with her two fingers down her throat. my jaw dropped at the sight. she looked up at me with tears in her eyes and took her fingers out of her mouth. i was in absolute shock. i didn't know how to reply.

she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. "i'm sorry."

my heart ached for her.

i walked in and sat near her, criss cross. "you don't have to apologize, honey."

i gently wiped her tears away with the pad of my thumb. "are you okay? do you want to talk about it?"

she shook her head slightly. "i don't know." her hoarse voice cracked. "it's just i woke up and you were there." she paused. "and you had your arms around me in a safe, caring way."

i looked at her dumbfounded. i didn't understand what was wrong with that. or why it bothered her.

"i've never felt so comfortable and safe with anyone in my life." she whispered.

i bit my lip. "is that bad? is that why you did this?"

she shook her head. "i don't know. the main reason is that at times i just feel really fat and this is my way to cope."

"you aren't fat, betty. and your size doesn't matter. it doesn't matter how much you weigh, you'd be beautiful either way." i replied.

she chuckled. "see, you're the only person that would say that."

she stood up, shaking her head. "it doesn't matter though. nothing really matters."

i stood up as well. "it does, but if you don't want to talk about it right now, then that's okay."

she nodded. "thank you."

i nodded back. she looked in the mirror then down at her shirt that had some vomit on it. her hands went down to the hem of her shirt and pulled it off over her head. i looked down at her stomach. it looked the same as it did when i saw it a few days ago, expect it was starting to heal more.

she must've noticed i was looking at it. "i know it's bad, jughead."

"have you put anything on it?" i asked.

she looked at me through the mirror. "that wrap, but i took it off not too much later."

cautiously, i asked. "can i clean it please? i don't want it to risk it getting infected."

she nodded weakly. "sure."

she walked back to where the bed was and i shuffled through my bag to find some cotton balls, bandages, and alcohol. i walked to where she was and crouched on the floor in front of her, sitting the stuff down.

she chuckled. "do you bring that stuff with you everywhere?"

"kinda, yeah. you don't know what can happen." i replied.

she smiled. "god, you're adorable."

i smiled back at her and poured some alcohol on a cotton ball. "this, um, might hurt a bit."

"it's fine." she replied almost immediately after.

i reached up to her stomach and cleaned around it. once i finished, i put a large bandage over it. i looked up at her and smiled ever so slightly.

she looked down at her stomach and traced the bandage with her finger. "thank you."

i nodded. "of course."

she looked at me and smiled softly. she slid off of the bed, onto my lap, with my legs folded underneath themselves. she put her hands around my neck as i put my hands on her waist.

"you seriously have no idea how much what you do for me means to me." she said. "i will never be able to repay you."

"you didn't need to repay me." i replied softly. "being able to be with you is enough."

she smiled softly, nodding slowly as she looked down slightly. i put one of my fingers under her chin, lifting her face up again. "don't look down. always keep your beautiful face up for the world to see."

she nodded softly, closing her eyes for a moment. "okay."

i put my hand on her chin on her cheek and leaned in slightly. she leaned in as well until our noses were touching. i let my lips touch hers softly as she did the same. she smiled into the kiss, moving her hands to either side of my cheeks.

she pulled away slightly, staying where she was with a slight smile on her lips. "thank you. for everything." she said softly.

she wrapped her arms around me as i did the same, pulling her closer to me on my lap. "you're welcome. even though i didn't do anything."

she wrapped her arms around me tightly as i closed my eyes.

i then realized how light she felt in my arms. it felt like i was holding a child.

her goddamn account really was killing her.

and i realized there was nothing i could do.

except sit back and watch her slowly die.

ah, i'm sorry! here's your well overdue chapter! incase you don't look at my message board, i've been busy with lego. the season is over now though, so i'll be trying to update more. ♥️