WTS • VIII

[ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ]

" B E T T Y C O O P E R "
- I N S T A G R A M
I N F L U E N C E R/ M O D E L -

today was the day.

the day when my makeup line airs.

along with the panel i have to attend to answer questions and talk to supporters.

i didn't like these days.

they were too overwhelming and i couldn't handle it.

but i had to.

for people like you and all the others.

who support me.

i got dressed in a lavender dress that was tight
against my skin and curled my hair. i didn't do my makeup, since they always do it there.

because it has to be perfect.

i took the elevator downstairs and rushed into my car that was waiting for me.

i didn't want anyone to see me because my face was naked.

mandy drove me to the building where the panel would take place, making casual conversation.

she reminded me of what not to say and what to do, like i didn't already know.

we walked inside as she cleared a path through the thousands of people already waiting outside.

she would push her hand out and say things like "move away please!", "you need to move!", "the panel opens at eleven!" until we made it inside.

we walked inside and she led me over to the dressing room, where they would prepare me.

i sat in a chair and they started doing my makeup, in all of my makeup which i was displaying today.

"are you nervous?" mandy asked as she sat in the chair next to me.

"not really, i've done things similar. it's just a little nerve wracking to be presenting something this big." i replied.

"you'll do great, betty, you always do." she told me.

i smiled and pulled out my phone.

they curled my hair again and did a simple makeup using my most "iconic" makeup products.

"okay, betty cooper!" the producer of this whole thing called out.

i waved my hand and walked towards him.

"alright, you've got over twelve thousand little girls out there waiting to see you. so do your show-and-tell of the makeup, take as long as you need. then come back here and we'll switch out your mic for the panel, where the fans can just ask questions. then come back here again and we'll send you out in a different building where you'll do signatures and pictures. then you'll be done for the day." he told me.

"okay, sounds great." i forced a smile.

he grabbed a small microphone and put it behind my ear then taped it to my cheek.

"okay!" he smiled, patting my shoulders.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2....1!" the overhead speaker yelled.

everyone went quiet and music blared from the stage. i pulled on a smile and walked on the stage behind the curtains.

"hello, new york!" i yelled.

everyone went wild, people screaming and cheering, it was insane.

i walked behind the counter with my products on it and sat my hands on it.

"what'd you say we start looking at some of these makeup products?" i asked.

once again everyone went crazy and i chuckled.

after i showed the products, i went back behind the stage. they switched out my microphone and changed the stage.

i walked back out on stage and smiled as everyone cheered again.

i sat in one of the chairs and put my microphone in my other hand, since they were both sweating.

a few of the producers were in the crowd of people with microphones to hand to people when they got to ask their questions, if they got chosen.

"okay, so now that you guys have seen the products, you can ask some questions about the products or anything." i smiled.

a bunch of hands shot up and i searched the crowd.

"what's your question, honey?" i asked, pointing to a girl. "the one in the pink shirt and, what is that? oh, holding a picture of something."

one of the producers handed her a microphone and she chuckled. "um, hi, i'm amelia and i've been a fan for three years now. i was just wondering how you get through all the hate you get. you always are really positive and i've been getting bullied a lot in school."

i always dreaded this question.

always happy? okay, sure.

"well, amelia, i think what keeps me always happy and motivated is just doing things i love. usually i ignore the hate because i know there's people who love me, so you should focus on the light, rather than the dark. and i'm sorry you've been getting bullied." i replied.

how much of that was fake?

the producer took the microphone back and handed it to another girl near by.

"hi, betty, so i'm kaylyn. um, i'm fourteen and you're a big role model to me. recently there was a guy you started following and went live with, jughead, i think his name was. and i was wondering if you guys are dating?" she asked.

i froze for a second as my mouth opened. "no, we're not dating." i chuckled. "although, we met recently from a photo shoot and he may be appearing on my social media's quite often."

everyone went wild from that comment making me chuckle softly.

after some more questions, i was sitting behind a table signing a little girls posted as she praised me.

"there was rumors about reggie. like, did something happen between you two? or was it just something going around." she said, jumping from topic to topic.

"we're taking a break from each other, we just got in a small fight." i replied.

i handed her back her poster and pulled on a smile for the next couple hundred people i had to talk to. not that i minded it, it was just exhausting having to pull on a fake act for so long.

sorry that this chapter is more focused on betty, rather than bughead! i'm trying to get in some more background about what their lives are like outside of communicating with each other! please bare with me, y'all! 💘