WTS • VI

[ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ]

" B E T T Y  C O O P E R "
- I N S T A G R A M 
I N F L U E N C E R/ M O D E L  -

when i woke up the next morning, i laid in bed as my stomach growled from hunger. i pushed my arms against it, trying to trick it that it was full, but it hardly worked. i got up in frustration and looked in the mirror on my wall. i took my shirt off, leaving me in just my sports bra.

i went to my bathroom and grabbed my scale. i sat it in front of the mirror and slowly put my one foot on it. i felt the cold metal against my foot and moved my other one onto it.

i feared to look down, to see the gigantic number i was going to hate myself for. i closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

what's the average woman's weight? about 186 pounds. god, if i'm even near that number, i'm going to loose it.

i opened my eyes and looked in the mirror. i put my thumb and pointing finger around my arm, to see if my arm got any larger. i tried to get my finger tips to touch, but it was no use. my arms were huge.

i dropped my arm and ran my palms over my stomach, moving them down, trying to see if you could feel a bump. you could only feel a small bump, not huge, but i still hated it.

i took another deep breath and looked down at the scale. can you guess what the number was?

146 pounds. remember, the average woman my ages weight is 186. i was 40 pounds underweight.

i got off the scale and pulled a shirt on, not being able to stand looking at myself any longer. i walked out into my kitchen to see some of the mess left from yesterday when jughead had came over.

i smiled softly to myself and drew a smiley face in the flour spilt on the island, before wiping it away. i cleaned up the mess and decided to get dressed. i put on a jean skirt and a long sleeve white top. i sat at my vanity and coated my face in as much makeup as my face could possibly absorb.

after, i picked up my phone and called my best guy friend, reggie mantel. he was also pretty popular online because of me, but i didn't mind. i asked if he wanted to come over and he said he definitely would and that he had some special surprise for me.

when i heard a knock on the door, i got up and opened it. i let him inside and i clapped our hands together up high, down low, then fist bumped. we rubbed our palms together then turned around hitting our heels against the others heels. we both laughed and brought each other into a hug.

yes, i know we're childish. we still did a silly handshake we made up when we were in high school, when we met. we moved out of the hug and i let him inside.

"let me guess, you need pictures for your instagram?" he asked.

"would you be mad if that was a yes?" i replied.

he shook his head and chuckled. "definitely not."

i smiled as best as i could and he told me to go where i wanted the picture taken. i opened my balcony door and stood out on it. i leaned back on it and popped my knee out, putting my foot on the railing as i wore knee high black boots.

he probably took about a hundred before shaking his head and coming on the balcony with me.

"what? is something wrong with how i look?" i asked worried as i rubbed my hands together.

"no, no, it's like, there's something in your hair." he replied, furrowing his eyebrows.

he put his hand at the top of my head, straightening my hair with his hand before moving it down to my hair at my cheek. he brushed it lightly and pushed it behind my ear.

"there." he smiled. "it was like, a leaf or something."

i chuckled softly as he continued to caress my hair. he then pushed it behind my neck and tilted my head up. it hadn't hit me what he was trying to do until he placed his lips on mine. i kissed him back for a split second before shoving his chest, moving him away from me.

"what the fuck, reggie!" i exclaimed.

"are you joking, betts! don't act like you having been all over me lately!" he replied, scaring me by his loud voice.

"get the hell out of my house!" i yelled at the top of my lungs.

i punched his chest over and over again as tears came from my eyes. he backed away and closed the balcony door. he locked it and left the house. i tried to open the door before realizing he really did lock it. i slowly fell to the ground, turning into a crying mess. just when i thought he was the only who didn't look at me like a toy, he fucking did that.

i brushed my hair out of my face and cried hysterically, it was embarrassing. i rubbed my eyes, smearing my makeup all over the place and looked around. i couldn't get out until someone else came.

i stood up and forced myself to stop crying. i shook the door again and rested my forehead against it. i turned around and looked down to see a bunch of supporters in front of my house, they couldn't see my like this.

i looked straight ahead before seeing a familiar face located in the hotel in front of me. i focused my eyes, trying to make sure it was them. they looked up as they held a shirt, the one they had just taken off, and made eye contact with me.

i kept the eye contact with them until a tear rolled down my foundation packed face. they quickly pulled their shirt on and ran out of the room.

and that person was jughead jones.