WTS • XVII

[ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ]

" B E T T Y C O O P E R "
- I N S T A G R A M
I N F L U E N C E R/ M O D E L -

"betty! come on, you need to be here! be in the moment!" mandy yelled.

she snapped her fingers in my face and i looked up at her. "what?"

"take five everyone! this one needs a break!" she instructed to everyone. it was the day after whatever happened between jughead and i. i was at morphe—the makeup company i partnered with for my makeup line—studios taking pictures with my products.

everyone sat their cameras down and mandy crouched in front of me. "okay, come on, girl. what's going on? talk to me."

i sighed. "there's this guy."

"there always is." she chuckled. "you finally got a boyfriend?"

i shook my head. "no. the complete opposite actually."

"then why are you worried about him?" she asked.

"he said he likes me. well, after he kissed me. i pushed him away and told him to leave me alone. i feel bad. i was an ass." i replied.

she smiled softly. "sweetheart, if you don't like him, then you can't beat yourself up about telling him no. guys take advantage of girls too much."

i looked down at her. "that's the thing, i don't know how i feel. i've never been in any relationship before. i'll be so unexperienced."

"if he really likes you, then that won't matter to him. take your time. if he's really the one for you, then he'll wait as long as you need." she told me.

"and if i don't like him?" i asked.

she sighed. "then you can hope he can suppress his feelings for you and continue your friendship."

i nodded. "thanks, mandy."

"of course." she smiled.

we both stood up and she turned around. "breaks over everyone!"

i hated that when she asked what was wrong was only at times like this.

never when i had actual problems going on that could lead to me commuting suicide.

it didn't matter to anyone apparently though.

after they were done taking pictures, it was around seven o'clock and i was exhausted. i walked down the hallway to my house and put in my key. i unlocked it and walked inside. i sat my bag down on the table by my door and closed my door. i took out my phone and called a pizza parlor to order a pizza.

when it came, i sat at my island looking at it with my head resting on my hand. i picked at a piece inside the box, deciding if i should eat it or not. i had a bagel and apple today. that's all. i pulled off a pepperoni and ate it.

i felt so alone.

in that moment i realized really how lonely i was.

i really had no one.

i pushed everyone away and everyone else just didn't want me.

i picked at the pizza some more and ate a few more pepperonis before deciding there was too many calories in it.

i closed the box and grabbed my phone. i unlocked it and found myself scrolling through my contacts. 37 people. damn.

i went to my instagram page and clicked on one of my most recent posts. it was picture of me standing in the flower field that jughead took me to. i looked so venerable. my clothes weren't fancy and my makeup was natural. people didn't react well to it.

i stared at the picture and smiled softly to myself. i really looked so gorgeous in that picture.

i thought back to this morning with mandy and turned my phone off. as i spun my phone on its pop socket i continued thinking about what she said.

was she right?

probably.

i guess the real question was did i like him?

i don't know.

did he make me feel special?

yes.

did i feel safe around him?

yes.

was i willing to step out of my comfort level for him?

yes. definitely yes.

i went back to my contacts and clicked on his. i went to our messages and sent a quick text.

hey. can you come over?

ten minutes later, i heard a knock on the door. i slowly stood up and looked at myself in the mirror by my door. my hair was in a messy bun and i was wearing sweatpants and a white sweater. i had hardly any makeup on to top off the messy look.

i knew he wouldn't care though.

i opened the door and smiled. "hey, betty."

he stepped inside cautiously and shut the door behind himself. "look, what i did was wrong. i shouldn't have kissed you. i'm really sorry, betty."

"it's okay." i nodded. "i should've been more mature about it. i'm sorry for freaking out and yelling at you. i just kinda suck at opening up to people. seems as though you somehow made it in there though."

"i know and i get it. it's hard opening up to people when you've had stuff happened to you before. you don't have to apologize though. i should've been the one that handled it maturely. i should'nt have you know, sprung onto you like that. i completely understand why you wouldn't want to—." he rambled on.

i interrupted him by putting my hands on either side of his cheeks and softly placing my lips on his. his body tensed up before i felt his hand fall onto my shoulder. i shivered at the touch.

i slowly pulled away from him, keeping our faces close. "i don't know how i exactly feel myself, but i need you to know i feel this way."

he put his hand on my cheek and kissed me again just as soft as before. i kissed him back, putting my hand on his wrist of the hand that was on my cheek.

when we backed away, he rested our foreheads against each other's. "you have no idea how long i've wanted to do that for."

bughead is finally here! you're welcome! 😂♥️