WTS • XIV

[ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ]

" B E T T Y  C O O P E R "
- I N S T A G R A M 
I N F L U E N C E R/ M O D E L  -

jughead put his hand over my eyes and kept his other one on the steering wheel.

i laughed. "what are we doing?"

"we're here and i don't want you to see it yet." he replied.

i leaned back in my seat and felt him turn the car to the left. the car went to a stop and heard him unbuckle his seat belt. he unbuckled mine as well and laughed.

"promise you won't look?" he questioned.

i laughed too. "promise."

his hand moved off my eyes and i kept them closed. i heard his door open then footsteps. i felt my door open and a hand went over my eyes again.

"slowly come out of the car, don't hurt yourself." he said.

i slid out of the car and felt him put one of his hands on my waist. i gasped and he didn't waste a second to remove his hand.

i breathed out. "sorry, you can, uh, put your hand back. it's fine."

he put his hand back on my waist and moved behind me. his breathing against the back of my neck made shivers go through my body.

"okay, walk forward about ten steps." he instructed.

i did what i was told. "ten more."

i did and felt something hit my leg. he moved his hand off my eyes and i opened them. i looked around at the millions of bloomed sunflowers in the field we were standing in.

i turned around to see jughead standing there with a camera around his neck. "veronica taught me a thing or two about how to take pictures."

"no, no, no, you aren't taking pictures of me." i laughed.

"okay." he winked. "miss-i-love-pictures-and-photoshoots."

i playfully rolled my eyes and turned back to the flowers. "can i go in them?"

"if you want." he replied.

i took a few steps forward and was surrounded by sunflowers. i walked a little further, looking to my left and right at the beautiful sight around me. i sighed and breathed in the scent of the flowers. i looked to my left and traced a flower with my finger.

i gently plucked it from the ground and breathed in the smell.

"you're only going in that far?" he asked.

i turned around and he quickly pulled up his camera. i put my hand out and smiled, trying to cover myself. i heard the camera click and the flash went off.

"jughead jones, you did not." i teased.

he smirked. "oh, yes i did, betty cooper."

i shook my head, smiling slightly and turned back around. i heard his footsteps from behind me and turned my head to look at him. he swooped me up in his arms, picking me up bridal style. i laughed a little and he ran into the field of flowers.

he picked me up bridal style and carried me to my bedroom as i cried out for him to stop.

"wait, stop! put me down!" i yelled.

he gently set me back down on the ground and i turned away from him. i put my hand over my mouth as the events from when archie tried to rape me came back.

he placed a hand on my shoulder and i jumped away from him as my eyes filled with tears. "betty, what's wrong?"

i took a few steps away from him. "i just need a minute. please leave me alone."

i walked further into the distance, wrapping my arms around my stomach for security, but it didn't take long to remove my hands when i pressed against the cut.

i put my hand over mouth and let tears quietly fall from my eyes.

after a few minutes to myself, i wiped away my tears and turned back around. i walked back to where jughead was leaning against his car. "sorry."

"don't worry about, really, i get it. i can bring you home, if you want." he replied.

i shook my head. "no, it's okay. i'm fine."

i pulled off a smile and he seemed to notice it wasn't real. "you know that if you don't feel like smiling, you don't have to, yeah?"

i shrugged. "it's just that a lot of people look up to me and everyone wants to see me smiling and happy. i've just adapted to doing things even if i don't mean them."

"everyone just wants you to be happy, betts." he replied softly.

"i don't think i've been truly happy in years. no one has actually seen me genuinely happy on my page." i told him truthfully.

"okay. my first question, why are you putting so much trust into me? i mean, i could just tell everyone on the internet the stuff you're telling me. so why? why me?" he asked.

i looked away from him. "um, you're the only person who really bothered to see if betty cooper was okay."

"what do you mean?" he tilted his head slightly.

i looked back at him. "everyone just wanted to know how betty from instagram was doing. you're the first person who wanted to know how betty cooper with actual life problems was doing."

i crossed my arms over my stomach; something i'd do unaware of it, but knew it was because i was self conscious about my stomach.

jughead looked at me as i looked back at him, both of us waiting for the other to speak. it was comfortable silence. it was nice.

his eyes went down to my arms over my stomach and pushed himself off the car, so he was standing up straight.

god, my heart started racing then. i knew he wasn't going to hurt me—or was almost positive—but after what happened with archie and reggie, i felt like i shouldn't trust guys. like i couldn't.

he didn't touch me though. he just smiled softly and looked down at the ground. "i don't think you understand how beautiful both you and life truly is, betty."

i shifted my weight to my other foot. "i don't know, i guess not."

"then please." he looked back up at me. "give me the opportunity to show you, betty cooper."

i looked at him for a moment and saw trust written all across his face. 

"i trust you." i nodded. "show me. please, jughead jones."

unedited, but enjoy anyways. ♥️