42

• still Jimin's investigation •

"Where did you get the phone from young man? Did you kill Hoseok, is that what you're trying to say?", the officer got angry with Jimin because he just screwed up their whole investigation process.
"It fell out of Felix' pocket when he fought with Taehyung. Taehyung didn't have it", Jimin said and smiled at the officer. "You caught all the wrong ones, must suck to be you", he chuckled and then got up.
"Stop right there and sit back down", the man got mad and balled his fist because Jimin's behaviour was totally disrespectful. "Why would I? I have nothing to do here anymore."

"Well, right now you're the one having the phone that proves the murder."
With those words Jimin was brought back into his little cell right next to Lisa and they took Jungkook as their next.

• Jungkook's investigation •

With a sigh the youngest here sat down at the table across the police man and stared at him with his huge puppy eyes. So how would he get Taehyung out of this now? He couldn't let him go to jail, if he learned one thing by now, then that if you're in the upper class you'll always have the back of your closest friends and family, no matter what they did.

"You have a special bond to our suspect, Kim Taehyung, is that right?", the officer asked and Jungkook nodded. "Mh you could say that, yeah", he said.
"Do you know where Taehyung was last night?", the officer asked.
Jungkook bit his lips a bit nervously and then nodded, "Yeah, he was with Lisa. He cheated on me with her."
"Do you know that he left early? Where did he go?"

"He met up with me to tell me what happened", Jungkook said and sighed. "We took a walk", he then added.
"We also saw choking marks on Taehyung's neck which can't be caused by the fight he had in school. Did he got into a fight with someone or is there a possibility this could've been connected to Hoseok?"

Jungkook inhaled deeply because what he was about to say was so extremely embarrassing.

"You know..", he started slowly as he blushed completely. "He kinda has a choking kink and I got really mad at him for cheating on me, so we went a bit too rough--"
The officer stopped breathing for a moment and got up from his chair.
"Alright, alright. You can go and take your friends with you except for Jimin", he said quickly. He himself got a bit too embarrassed at this whole thing. Taehyung had a perfect cover story and he had no phone with him, so the officer saw no suspect in him anymore.
"Why not Jimin?", Jungkook asked confused. He didn't want to leave anyone behind, even though he was the one who hurt him the most the past few years with his bullying. But he was innocent in that case because they knew it was Tae who did this.
"He's got the phone from Taehyung which was tracked at the place where Hoseok died."

"Well, Jimin was in school already when all of this happened, he was already there when I got there with Taehyung."
"He said he got the phone from the floor after Taehyung fought Felix. Do you know where Felix was this morning?", the officer kept asking.

"Felix?", for a moment he thought through what the others might have made up as the cover story, probably they'd make Felix into the murderer which was obviously the only way out of this. Popular kids don't bail on popular kids, they always push the weak ones into the fire. And for a second he thought of all the messages he got which told him he was no part of those kids; but oh well he'd prove it now.
"Felix showed up the latest and was extremely stressed", Jungkook said. "If you ask me, I'd better investigate on him than on one of us."
The officer sighed, nodded and said then, "Well, I'll let all of you go for now but if anything of this turns out as a lie y'all go to jail. Lying is a crime", the officer said and opened the door.
"I'd never lie, my Mom teached me that lying is bad", Jungkook gave the man a bitter smile and left the room.

-

"How did you-", Taehyung asked confused as they left the police station. "Told them we had some rough sex in the morning which is why you've got choking marks", Jungkook chuckled. "And I had your phone so you basically were out of the fire", Jimin answered.
Taehyung however was still staring at Jungkook, "Oh damn I wish that would've been reality", he giggled but Jungkook's expression froze.
"Too bad you rather make out with girls", he then said and was about to take the next bus home. "Thank you Kook-", Taehyung mumbled. "Thanks to all of you for having my back."

The others nodded immediately, "Well, isn't that we always did?", Yoongi asked sadly while biting his lips.
"Wait", Lisa suddenly interrupted them.

"If Taehyung is no suspect anymore and we got him out of the fire. Who did we push in instead?-"

And no one dared to answer this question, "uhm-", Jungkook started slowly.

"Felix"

___________